Change VAR or.................

Var , unlike goal line technology, still comes down to someone's opinion or interpretation of the law. At least with goal line technology it's definitive. Var often isn't and I'm not sure how you can change that. But one thing that must happen is the ref takes a look at the screen like they do in Germany and the CL. Otherwise there is no point having him there

Var , unlike goal line technology, still comes down to someone's opinion or interpretation of the law. At least with goal line technology it's definitive. Var often isn't and I'm not sure how you can change that. But one thing that must happen is the ref takes a look at the screen like they do in Germany and the CL. Otherwise there is no point having him there

But as we saw in the CL game with Spurs, if the ref doesn’t see all the available TV angles ( the angle from behind the goal couldn’t have been more definitive) even with looking at the monitor , they still get it wrong !!
CTID

VAR was introduced to remove errors, it was introduced to remove controversy. We now have more of both of them than ever. It has totally failed.

Yesterday in the Spurs game there was an offside goal, (VAR wasn't being used), it was millimetres and I found myself not giving a shit about a few millimetres. Fair enough if it was against us (with VAR operating the way it is now) I would be annoyed, but before VAR came none of us gave a shit about things that were invisible to the naked eye.

VAR has introduced more issues and controversies and like I said it's totally and utterly failed - it's done the opposite of what it was supposed to do

VAR was introduced to remove errors, it was introduced to remove controversy. We now have more of both of them than ever. It has totally failed.

Yesterday in the Spurs game there was an offside goal, (VAR wasn't being used), it was millimetres and I found myself not giving a shit about a few millimetres. Fair enough if it was against us (with VAR operating the way it is now) I would be annoyed, but before VAR came none of us gave a shit about things that were invisible to the naked eye.

VAR has introduced more issues and controversies and like I said it's totally and utterly failed - it's done the opposite of what it was supposed to do
Funnily enough I was listening to the Preston manager complaining that two of Norwich's goals were clearly offside and would have been ruled out if VAR had been in place. I've not seen the incidents, but interesting to hear the other side of the coin. Rangers have appealed to the Scottish FA to introduce VAR after having been on the wrong side of a series of refereeing mistakes which would have been corrected by VAR. Two sides to this story.

Also seen a rise in diving, spurious claims for anything in the box, confronting of refs, and general mard-arsery from players and fans.

Funnily enough I was listening to the Preston manager complaining that two of Norwich's goals were clearly offside and would have been ruled out if VAR had been in place. I've not seen the incidents, but interesting to hear the other side of the coin. Rangers have appealed to the Scottish FA to introduce VAR after having been on the wrong side of a series of refereeing mistakes which would have been corrected by VAR. Two sides to this story.

They are assuming that VAR would have worked in their favour, just like some on here wanted it to stop LiVARpool getting decisions in their favour Just like the Rangers spokesperson

“However, the main point is that VAR, which is now used in many leagues throughout Europe, would help eradicate refereeing mistakes and greatly assist our match officials.”
The statement continued: “At the very least, the SFA/SPFL must now seriously consider the introduction of the system at the earliest opportunity otherwise the Scottish game is in danger of being left behind.
“Rangers has already written to SFA chief executive Ian Maxwell asking that the association look at consideration the introduction of VAR and the club is once again urging both governing bodies to give this matter serious consideration and study.

I think they should be careful what they wish for

I'd rather VAR was used as a tool for when the refs aren't sure.

If a linesman is sure and he stuck his flag up then why do we need to spend 2 minutes checking if he's right?

If he doesn't stick his flag up and he thinks there might be an offside then they check it, otherwise if he says its onside then the goal stands.

VAR just introduces confusion because even the ref can disagree with the VAR ref because they can't see what is on camera. We might as well just have VAR ref the whole game.

They are assuming that VAR would have worked in their favour, just like some on here wanted it to stop LiVARpool getting decisions in their favour Just like the Rangers spokesperson

“However, the main point is that VAR, which is now used in many leagues throughout Europe, would help eradicate refereeing mistakes and greatly assist our match officials.”
The statement continued: “At the very least, the SFA/SPFL must now seriously consider the introduction of the system at the earliest opportunity otherwise the Scottish game is in danger of being left behind.
“Rangers has already written to SFA chief executive Ian Maxwell asking that the association look at consideration the introduction of VAR and the club is once again urging both governing bodies to give this matter serious consideration and study.

I think they should be careful what they wish for
I'm in favour of VAR because I want to make sure that errors by officials do not decide the outcome of football matches. It's not necessarily because I believe it will work in our favour, but it's only a matter of time before it does in a high profile game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.