January signing

Do Liverpool not have the issues we have with squad places?

They have 16 according to Transfer Market (after the new lad) so could sign 1 more (and that includes 3 keepers) so they are in good shape. Rags also seem to have a lot of space every time I try to work out their squad. We seem to be the only club that is constantly restricted by the 17 foreign players rule. We don't seem able to make up the numbers with club trained players. It would be great if Foden, Doyle, Garcia, THB can all make the grade and stick around for the next 5 years +. Getting Sancho back would also help. It makes such a difference to how we can operate in the transfer market if we can free up a number of places.

whats everyone thinking about harry winks then?

Wouldn't be a bad signing if 2 midfielders leave in the summer (including Silva) otherwise it would be fairly pointless. He operates in a similar role to Gundogan from what I've seen from him, he's just more mobile and would tick the homegrown quota.

If we can flog Gundogan I reckon it would be a good signing as someone to play alongside Rodri, occupying a deeper role. If Gundogan sticks around, I just don't see where he fits in personally and think it will be a bit of a waste and again cause unecessary selection headaches like we had on the wing with Sterling/Bernardo/Mahrez/Sane all vying for 2 spots.

KDB, Foden, Bernardo, Winks and Rodri for the midfield roles would work. Add Gundogan into the equation and it's just overkill and would leave someone unhappy, which would likely be Foden and would also be the nail in the coffin for academy players like Doyle to ever get some serious game time.

I'd love for someone like AC Milan to come in and offer us a decent sum for Gundo and test his resolve for a move. I just don't think he'll ever truly fit this team, as much as Pep seems to love him and it would be best he moves on.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be a bad signing if 2 midfielders leave in the summer (including Silva) otherwise it would be fairly pointless. He operates in a similar role to Gundogan from what I've seen from him, he's just more mobile and would tick the homegrown quota.

If we can flog Gundogan I reckon it would be a good signing as someone to play alongside Rodri, occupying a deeper role. If Gundogan sticks around, I just don't see where he fits in personally and think it will be a bit of a waste and again cause unecessary selection headaches like we had on the wing with Sterling/Bernardo/Mahrez/Sane all vying for 2 spots.

KDB, Foden, Bernardo, Winks and Rodri for the midfield roles would work. Add Gundogan into the equation and it's just overkill and would leave someone unhappy, which would likely be Foden and would also be the nail in the coffin for academy players like Doyle to ever get some serious game time.

I'd love for someone like AC Milan to come in and offer us a decent sum for Gundo and test his resolve for a move. I just don't think he'll ever truly fit this team, as much as Pep seems to love him and it would be best he moves on.
Winks is bang average, hopefully paper talk.

whats everyone thinking about harry winks then?
Winks is nothing special. I'd guess his agents are in advertising mode, trying to find a new club. And Ornstein, who has broken the news, isn't looking credible since his move to Athletic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.