LeagueCup SF - Man Utd - away allocation of only 3000 (p30)

I can tell you 100 % that the drivers for this were City and not the police

I will take you at your word on it mate as im only guessing.

What is behind this from the club i will never know?

The Daily Mail have done their own remaining tickets seat planner screen grab.

Daily Mail stating 3500 tickets left. Probably made that figure up.

Wonder where they got that idea from? ;-)

The comments section is hilarious.

Full of United fans making up any excuse they can think of about the empty seats.

1 example.

King2 from Copenhagen.

The so called hordes of empty seats on show at Old Trafford represents approximately 4% of the capacity. Looks like the reporter wanted to make a big story of a minor issue. Poor DM journalism.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...sell-Old-Trafford-Carabao-Cup-semi-final.html

Last edited:
The Daily Mail have done their own remaining tickets seat planner screen grab.

Daily Mail stating 3500 tickets left. Probably made that figure up.

Wonder where they got that idea from? ;-)

The comments section is hilarious.

Full of United fans making up any excuse they can think of about the empty seats.

1 example.

King2 from Copenhagen.

The so called hordes of empty seats on show at Old Trafford represents approximately 4% of the capacity. Looks like the reporter wanted to make a big story of a minor issue. Poor DM journalism.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...sell-Old-Trafford-Carabao-Cup-semi-final.html

Just been on their website and it looks like a lot more than 3500 - at least double that I'd say. Also, the Daily Fail headline states:

Manchester United struggling to sell out Old Trafford for Carabao Cup semi-final clash with Manchester City as 3,500 tickets remain on general sale 24 hours before kick-off with fans put off by £66 price after Christmas

Where are these £66 tickets? There can't be many because non-members tickets in the Upper East Stand (where the City fans would've been if we'd been given the bigger allocation) are priced at £36 each and there's fucking thousands left in that stand. Not only that, the headline offers a sympathetic view as to why United haven't sold out, yet if this was City you can bet your mortgage on it that the article and headline would be far more damning!

Tbh I don't blame rag fans for not selling it out, for numerous reasons.

- The league cup is egregious.
- It's just after Xmas/NY
- 2-legs for no reason other than money grabbing
- they know they are due a hiding

Tbh I don't blame rag fans for not selling it out, for numerous reasons.

- The league cup is egregious.
- It's just after Xmas/NY
- 2-legs for no reason other than money grabbing
- they know they are due a hiding

I don't either, but we all know the narrative would be completely different if tonight's game was at ours and we had thousands of unsold tickets left.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.