Britain's most prolific ever rapist revealed

GHB is extremely dangerous if you get the dose wrong so if that did happen a few times, maybe some of the victims overdosed.

Would it be beyond the realms of possibility to believe he then took them to the canal late at night in some kind of wheelbarrow to push them into the water?

Definitely something for the police to look at and even Channel 4 if they make another documentary.
You should tweet your thoughts to GMP, I'm sure it never occurred to them ;-)

GHB is extremely dangerous if you get the dose wrong so if that did happen a few times, maybe some of the victims overdosed.

Would it be beyond the realms of possibility to believe he then took them to the canal late at night in some kind of wheelbarrow to push them into the water?

Definitely something for the police to look at and even Channel 4 if they make another documentary.

Would the drug have been detectable in the autopsy?

Would the overdose results show up in an autopsy? Its certainly not beyond the realms of possibility that someone who would stalk nightclubs and streets for victims wouldn't also try the canals as well... If the number of canal related deaths have declined since his arrest that would appear more than just coincidence?

It sends me cold thinking about the victims getting that visit from the police after being identified and there's probably some people who've seen the news tonight and its felt worryingly familiar to them. Horrific.

Would the overdose results show up in an autopsy? Its certainly not beyond the realms of possibility that someone who would stalk nightclubs and streets for victims wouldn't also try the canals as well... If the number of canal related deaths have declined since his arrest that would appear more than just coincidence?

It sends me cold thinking about the victims getting that visit from the police after being identified and there's probably some people who've seen the news tonight and its felt worryingly familiar to them. Horrific.

To be honest, I'm not too sure about toxicology tests. My guess is that it depends on the half-life of the drug and how soon the body was found and whether the test is done on blood or not because it's conceivable that the water would wash away some of the evidence but I suppose we need the opinion of an expert on this. I'll see if there's anyone who can help us out in the Transfer Forum.

To be honest, I'm not too sure about toxicology tests. My guess is that it depends on the half-life of the drug and how soon the body was found and whether the test is done on blood or not because it's conceivable that the water would wash away some of the evidence but I suppose we need the opinion of an expert on this. I'll see if there's anyone who can help us out in the Transfer Forum.

GHB is one of the fastest metabolized recreational drugs going. Its parent metabolite is gone from the blood within 4-8 hrs. The other big issue with it is that it's not part of a lot of routine tox tests. So unless you are looking for it or you send it for a more expensive analysis you will miss it. The other big issue with it is that people naturally produce GHB so trying to differentiate between natrual GHB or low levels/trace spiking and exogenous drug is a pain in the arse.

In relation to post mortem testing, if a body has been in a canal, you will struggle to get a reliable blood sample. This is true of any post mortem sampling but if your are relying on a cadaver that has been submerged in water, with bacteria, rodents and severe corpse decomposition. You will really struggle. You may possibly (if your lucky) get urine if the person has not emptied the bladder.

GHB is one of the fastest metabolized recreational drugs going. Its parent metabolite is gone from the blood within 4-8 hrs. The other big issue with it is that it's not part of a lot of routine tox tests. So unless you are looking for it or you send it for a more expensive analysis you will miss it. The other big issue with it is that people naturally produce GHB so trying to differentiate between natrual GHB or low levels/trace spiking and exogenous drug is a pain in the arse.

In relation to post mortem testing, if a body has been in a canal, you will struggle to get a reliable blood sample. This is true of any post mortem sampling but if your are relying on a cadaver that has been submerged in water, with bacteria, rodents and severe corpse decomposition. You will really struggle. You may possibly (if your lucky) get urine if the person has not emptied the bladder.

Cheers mate - very informative, do you still reckon we'll get Dybala?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.