Manchester United (A) | EFL Cup SF | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I correct that this whole thing can be traced back to Gary Neville on sky coming up with his pet “theory” about Fernandinho once in comms, and its just snowballed as other red pundits and red journalists have repeated it?

That's about right. Man perpetuated the myth. He had been part of a team doing it for years.

Just sorry Pep didnt turn around today when asked and put it back on them. Some of the fouls on our players the last 4 or 5 games and the derby were disgraceful stuff. Silva missed 3 games after a hack in the derby

No reason for not putting out a full strength team given the side that started against Vale and the Villa game isn't until Sunday. Great opportunity to put the shambles of the recent derby behind us so the players should be well up for this one!

I agree with those suggesting 3 at the back so we can stop the counter attacks that caused us problems in the last game against them. I'm predicting 2-0 City... I'd like to think we will have too much quality for them over 2 legs so not overly worried about tomorrow, though I'm sure the nerves will kick in close to kick off!

Carson

Cancelo

Stones
Dinho
Eric

Ben

Rodders
Bernie
Kdb

Raj
Jesus

Have to have our best legs in there. Any sniff of Dave Gund and Kun away gives them a sniff, a chance. Obv all 3 of them will play and we will struggle but get draw

Go at them with my team and we will be 4 or 5 up for sec leg. Fact.

Am I correct that this whole thing can be traced back to Gary Neville on sky coming up with his pet “theory” about Fernandinho once in comms, and its just snowballed as other red pundits and red journalists have repeated it?
If I recall, a few commentators had mentioned it in passing somewhat sheepishly and then Duncan Castles started to repeat it ad nauseam in his columns in Scotland and the UAE as part of his pro-Jose, anti-Pep propaganda. Being an anti-City perspective in 17/18 during our winning streak meant online City haters cottoned on and it was their go to rhetoric.

Not too long after Neville bought into it and decided it was a talking point, and that's when the casual audience got clued in. And that's when the mainstream journalist hacks decided this was a money making angle so they spread it like wildfire.

Pep should mention all their bookings for diving. Januzaj still holds the record for the most cards for diving, but James will be up there soon

Carson

Cancelo

Stones
Dinho
Eric

Ben

Rodders
Bernie
Kdb

Raj
Jesus

Have to have our best legs in there. Any sniff of Dave Gund and Kun away gives them a sniff, a chance. Obv all 3 of them will play and we will struggle but get draw

Go at them with my team and we will be 4 or 5 up for sec leg. Fact.
This is a variation of the 11 I hope to see. I thought maybe Walker in the back 3. But on 2nd thought, perhaps Stones with Walker and Ben playing support as Wingbacks.

I like your front 5. Best 5 bar maybe Foden.

Edit: Missed your goalie. That won't happen. :)

Most papers have got something on their back page about Solksjaer's comments about fouling but one leads with it.
_110414994_star.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.