FA Cup R4 - Fulham (H) - Sun 26/01 - 1:00pm

How / when do we find out which games kick off at which times?
Such a boring draw, not one single standout pick that one can say that’s definitely on TV, let alone choosing 7 of those 16 ties ...

I think we’d be put on TV ... not for attractive footballing sides or possible giant killing but just to shaft us on Friday night or Monday night so we have less of a break in between our other games ...

Given that we play United in second leg on Wednesday 29th so watch them put us up for late Sunday or even Monday night game especially if United are still alive in that second leg ... and if we’ve finished them off tomorrow then watch us having to play Friday night after having been away to Sheffield on Tuesday before ...

Agree with you overall, although a selfish part of me would like us to get a Friday night game - don’t think we’ve ever had one under the new PL tv deal have we?
Would be quite an evening I think.

Agree with you overall, although a selfish part of me would like us to get a Friday night game - don’t think we’ve ever had one under the new PL tv deal have we?
Would be quite an evening I think.

The PL TV deal is very very suspicious right now, as one or two of the last packages in the latest round of bidding a year or two ago which were supposed to kick off this season were never announced as to who won them ... then where are those Saturday Night Games that were supposed to be at 7:45pm? Haven’t seen a single one of them yet ...

Anyway, for FA Cup it’d be between BT Sport and BBC, 4 and 3 games ... so nothing to do with PL TV rights for these ones ...

The PL TV deal is very very suspicious right now, as one or two of the last packages in the latest round of bidding a year or two ago which were supposed to kick off this season were never announced as to who won them ... then where are those Saturday Night Games that were supposed to be at 7:45pm? Haven’t seen a single one of them yet ...

Anyway, for FA Cup it’d be between BT Sport and BBC, 4 and 3 games ... so nothing to do with PL TV rights for these ones ...

For sure, the PL deal has no bearing on this, I was just meaning from a supporter pov it represents an additional opportunity to get a possible Friday night match, even though the broadcast partners are different. Well, not BT, but you get my drift.
The point about PL Sat/Fri eve matches is a good one - those two slots were part of the same package weren't they? If so, I wonder if it was left to the winning bidder to slice those matches across the two evenings as they wish, or whether there had to be a certain minimum % on either the Fri or Sat by the season’s end.

Or Wolfie Smith .
966acd039196f4aba40ca3340fb0e17c---s-childhood-memories.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.