Rape Case in Cyprus

mayo31

Sounds horrendous what has happened to the 19 year old woman.

4 months sentence suspended for 3 years.

Accused several Israeli lads of rape but retracted statement after being held in a cell and having her passport taken from her

Then accused of lying and faced a trail.

Get her home to Britain and look after her. They say she is suffering from PTSD.

The lads were allowed home pretty quick.

Looks horrible on the face of it but we don’t know all the facts. It does, however, look like legal procedures weren’t followed correctly.

At least she’s on her way home but her life must be in tatters.

There is no crime in Cyprus because you are not allowed to report it.
I witnessed a nightmare a long while back. The Police are like the mafia over there.
Our friends had their room ransacked. They took everything. Passports/Money/Credit cards/flight tickets.
The Hotel refused to call the Police. In the end, they made the Rep do it. They all went to the Police station.
Then they all disappeared for a day. Turns out they were all arrested on fraud charges. (including the rep!)
They would only release them if they signed a document admitting an insurance scam. They were told to leave the country immediately.
Obviously they couldn't do that because they had no tickets or passports. They had to visit the British Embassy to get emergency travel documents.
In between this happening, me and my wife spent a night in a bar. The place was rocking. I'm not sure if we or the bar owner was more pissed. He wouldn't allow us to buy a drink.
Then suddenly at 12am, the music went off. Stunned we asked what was going on. He pointed to a passing Police car. He said if they could hear any noise he would be shut down.
He then burst into tears and said they were bleeding him dry. Refuse to pay and you are shut down.
The next day, we grabbed some dinner in a restaurant. About 4/5 Police entered the restaurant and spoke to the owner. Not long after, some food appeared and they left.
I asked the waitress if they were family. She quietly answered to say that you don't ask the Police to pay.
We decided to join our friends and leave Cyprus immediately. Real shame as the people there were brilliant.
I know low level corruption and bribery goes on in most holiday destinations. It just disturbs me that you will not get even basic protection/rights when the Police have too much power.
I have read plenty of other stories about the Cypriot Police over the years. Trust me, the girl will be telling the truth.

Really horrendous for the poor woman. Mixed feelings on the facts we have so far but obviously she hasn't had the right support it seems, but this is another country. Kids get bombarded with things like Love Island and that show about 18-30 reps and think it's all fun, but it can quickly turn to tragedy. The companies that employ these kids need to be better regulated and ensure their employees get the proper training and support to avoid situations like this.

She might very well have been lying about it!

It happened to my mate’s little brother when he was a teenager. A group were getting drunk in a park, like so many teenagers do, and one of the girls passed out. So he fireman lifted her up and carried her home, her parents weren’t home but she did come round but he put her to bed anyway and slept downstairs.

She came forward saying he raped her.

But he did not do it!

Ruined his life. He was attacked in school several times by older lads. Some would come into his classroom and beat him up. He had to spend months isolated in a deputy head’s office. I had to pick him up from school some days as there would be a gang of lads waiting for him at the gates.

Out of the blue she came forward a second time... she broke down crying and admitted she’d lied about it all.

The damage was done though. He had lost all his mates and he’d got a bad name for himself which even when it turns out as false, still sticks!

As an adult he’s been in and out of prison and constantly getting into fights. He finds it hard to make friends and to have relationships.

I’m not saying that this is the same as this Cyprus case but it’s not uncommon for this to happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.