LeagueCup SF - Man Utd - away allocation of only 3000 (p30)

Just received the following email from a random email address

"If you are attending the game tonight, and are a Manchester City fan, please can you let us know your row and seat number. This will allow our security team to ensure your safety and allow us to alert other fans in your area.

We will work closely with our team to ensure we group you together, before you leave the ground.

Kind regards
G. M. Parlease"

Honest!! ;)

Fake news
The trouble at the City-United game last month, and referenced in that article, occurred in the home end.
Based on the evidence put forward there having even fewer away fans will increase the chances of the same happening rather than reducing them.

Not to excuse racism in any way or the throwing of stuff at players but much like the incident at Spurs/Chelsea and Wolves against us and I'm sure others i haven't mentioned, all brought about by VAR.

Folk get fucking annoyed when they can see they are being cheated.

Tbh I don't blame rag fans for not selling it out, for numerous reasons.

- The league cup is egregious.
- It's just after Xmas/NY
- 2-legs for no reason other than money grabbing
- they know they are due a hiding

It's a Manchester derby? In a semi-final as well. This will be one of their biggest games this season. Says more about the apathy amongst their fanbase now they aren't winning everything. Building a fanbase on fickle glory hunters is a surefire way to reduce sustainability. Hence why our club should do more for local and match going fans.

Its funny but then again it really isn't.

Football for the match going fan is dying on its arse it really is imo.

I’m boycotting tonight’s game and I will watch it in the pub. They said, I hope the Blues in the City end are loud and proud. I’m still desperate to beat the bastards

It’s even on the BBC now about away fans in the home end. Is there really going to be that many? Don’t wish any harm to anybody but A weird part of me hopes it kicks off big time tonight all over the ground causing chaos just as a big fuck you to both city and united for cutting the allocation. 7k at old Trafford in one end would have been far less of a security threat.

Wow. The clubs have really ballsed this one up massively. The decision to limit the away numbers to ensure safety is now looking like having the opposite effect with a lot of city fans in the away zone. Is anyone going to let the club know about their ticket and trust that they're not lying on the email? Once you tell them they could cancel the ticket?

I predict most will just ignore the email and go in normally.

What a farce by both clubs.

I have 2 reds round my palace for this match, I am on the edge of my seat already wishing that we put this tie out of sight and seeing a few glum faces. There will be no stewards present to keep me quiet although the way my wife acts when footie is on I should have gotten her a high viz vest and a cattle prod for xmas.
3-1 to the boys in blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.