Time for a new tune?

I wish we never pinched Bluemoon from Crewe Alex. Is a dreary shit song IMO. We need something new upbeat and original.
I love bluemoon, but I’ve always felt since it came out that wonderwall was our song. Probably cos of the kinky song, but moreso now the players themselves have adopted it through John Stones love of Oasis

With Oasis’ connection to the club I’ve never understood why their songs haven’t been embraced/turned into chants by our fans.

They’ve got a lot of songs that could be turned into chants and would do well as a lot of their music is very catchy.

Loved the Stop Crying Your Heart Out banter between Derby and Leeds last season; a perfect example of a song that would make a grant chant for us and would have more meaning to it than when it’s sung by fans of other clubs.

I've definitely sung Stop Crying Your Heart Out at City before - around 2010, I think. Also sung "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out CITY!" quite a few times before, but it never catches on.

Sorry to buck the trend on the thread but Blue Moon is a classic, loads of fans of other teams wish they had an anthem like it, great when the whole ground joins in and I'm hoping at about 21:25 tonight I'll be singing the sped up version in the corner of OT.

no don't change it.

maybe add another oasis tune as before kick off now we have a medley.

the hierarchy at the club don't like BM, fans do, so until we hear alternative songs belted out from tunnel club & corporate lets stick to what the thousands and overall majority want.

towards the end of a big game when we are winning bluemoon is probably one of the loudest songs sung all season, also arms high / scarfs up is quite a spectacle. It would just be typical of modern day football to change something that works.

PS lets all do the poznan

I’m sure I remember mike Joyce at City sq a few years ago saying he was writing a version of bluemoon that was quite tribal with a heavy drum beat.. never saw the light of day it seems.

yeah I’m all for bluemoon to be fair, it’s just us innit.

I definitely think more oasis though, as some of the earlier lyrics fit Man City so much.

“some might say we will find a brighter day”
“Maybe your the same as me, We see things they’ll never see”
“There we were now here we are”
“These are crazy days but they make me shine”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.