Cricket/South Africa test series

Brilliant performance and a real up yours to the people advocating 4 day cricket. Having said that, do we need to discuss the elephant in the room of Jimmy Anderson? 2nd time in his last 3 Tests that he has picked up an injury during the game that has really hampered our chances. Amazing bowler who has still got it when fit but can we afford to keep carrying him when he does break down?
I did say I think he should have been rested this winter or played sparingly. He's got to be given the chance to get to 600 wkts though, what is he now 18 away?

EDIT He was 577 before this test so now has 584, so 16 away. I reckon he'll retire the day he gets to 600 (assuming he does).

Brilliant performance and a real up yours to the people advocating 4 day cricket. Having said that, do we need to discuss the elephant in the room of Jimmy Anderson? 2nd time in his last 3 Tests that he has picked up an injury during the game that has really hampered our chances. Amazing bowler who has still got it when fit but can we afford to keep carrying him when he does break down?
No, we can't. If he becomes increasingly likely to break down, then it's time to say thank you Jimmy, enjoy your retirement
#thankyoujimmy.

I did say I think he should have been rested this winter or played sparingly. He's got to be given the chance to get to 600 wkts though, what is he now 18 away?

EDIT He was 577 before this test so now has 584, so 16 away. I reckon he'll retire the day he gets to 600 (assuming he does).
If as suggested it's a side strain looks like he's done for this series and there is no point flogging him in Sri Lanka. If he can get his body through another summer he should reach 600 with maybe a swan song at the real Old Trafford.

If as suggested it's a side strain looks like he's done for this series and there is no point flogging him in Sri Lanka. If he can get his body through another summer he should reach 600 with maybe a swan song at the real Old Trafford.
Port Elizabeth is flat, they were saying, so might be worth resting him there and bring Archer in. Don't know about the last test but they seem to be managing him well (I think it helps that he knows what he can/can't do and is probably honest with the coaching staff). He is some player and if he gets to 600 it might not be beaten by a quick bowler for some time.

Port Elizabeth is flat, they were saying, so might be worth resting him there and bring Archer in. Don't know about the last test but they seem to be managing him well (I think it helps that he knows what he can/can't do and is probably honest with the coaching staff). He is some player and if he gets to 600 it might not be beaten by a quick bowler for some time.
Pretty sure that would be the plan whether he is injured or not as Stokes showed at the end you need raw pace to negate an old ball and a dead pitch. Wood is also nearing a return so we have options. If they do get him back for Johannesburg he could easily get the deficit down to single figures.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.