Who's into Classical Music?

Listening to Rick Wakeman, Piano Portraits. Good stuff. Lots of piano recital versions of classic tunes and some classical stuff too.

Pity that wasn't done on one of our nuclear submarines dressed in a KGB uniform ;-) Great loved it.
He does a great version of Eleanor Rigby that's worth checking out. Wish I'd found this last year because he was on tour with it and played St Annes in November.

He does a great version of Eleanor Rigby that's worth checking out. Wish I'd found this last year because he was on tour with it and played St Annes in November.
Love Ricks books, honest and funny as fuck, loved Yes from say 73 along with ELP. Those two bands got me to tread classical music like prog rock, for that I am thankful.

I got into opera about ten years ago and now am almost obsessed by it.
Went to NY for the Met opera in March last and Donna Del Largo near Lucca for the Puccini festival this summer. Next year I’m going to Carmen at La Fenice in Venice and I’ve booked for the Verona Opera festival. I’ve seen operas in Paris, Vienna and Budapest also.
I also travel to see great orchestras, performers or conductors.
Travelled from Macc to London for Rattle with the Berlin orchestra doing Mahler’s Resurrection Symphony No. 2 a few years ago.
It was an incredible evening.
We are extremely fortunate in Manchester to have access to the Bridgewater Hall and the RNCM. I regularly go into the RNCM for free lunchtime recitals.

Chethams have a free lunchtime recital most days which can be excellent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.