Manchester United (A) | EFL Cup SF | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a risk playing Bravo but we did lose the last Derby with Ederson. Foden should of been given a start, but striker situation is understandable (time Sterling to perform in this fixture)
Didn't Bravo make his debut in the Derby? And.... despite him making a mistake didn't we win?

Have faith people

I thought Maguire, Martial and Shaw wouldn't make it :)

Sadly, Pep has gone for Bravo and a midfield which is short on pace when the ball breaks down.

With the inclusion of Mahrez, it seems Pep would rather always go for absolute ball retention than pace.

No such thing as absolute ball retention. Unsure how this one plays out.
City win is how it’ll play out.

Happy enough with team-can see a problem though, 3 at the back becomes 5 when their wingers attack, leaving us outnumbered elsewhere, otherwise we leave too much space behind the wing backs causing the centre backs to come over, giving space for midfield runners.

Solution is to completely dominate possession-and this team is built to do that.

Think Pep might try something like this against Madrid if the formation works tonight. Raz can be a great CF. Man U CBs are not the quickest either. I'd have started Jesus or Aguero but that's me. We want to control the 1st half and one of Gabby and Sergio or both will get a chance in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.