United (A) - League Cup SF Post-Match Thread

Great 1st half.

Tactically brilliant by Pep.

However we let them off in the 2nd half. Should have murdered them.

Sterling needs resting for a couple of games as he was terrible and his finishing even worse.

I’m going to get shouted at for this but I’m a bit pissed off we refused to go for the 4th at the end there, we genuinely could be coming away having scored 5 if we’d had really gone for it.
They have to keep some interest in the tie or nobody will watch the second leg.

Never thought I would be pissed off with winning 3-1 at the Swamp. One of Sterling's biggest fans but that performance was terrible and if Pep made subs 20 minutes earlier, we could've been in a position to play a reserve side in the second leg.

Oh well, a steady 90 minutes away from another Cup Final!!!

Ref stopped the game every time we won the ball second half, think Fergie must have paid him a visit at half time. Still, a great result, and the scum might just have done enough to keep ole in work for a bit longer.Only downside for me were the missed chances, otherwise we controlled it, they have to commit in the return game and that might just give us chances to put the tie properly to bed early doors.

Considering we've dicked them 3-1, I can't help feeling a bit meh after that second half (non) performance. A real battering was on the cards at HT, but another sloppy goal conceded, in a sloppy second half, means the tie isn't over yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.