United (A) - League Cup SF Post-Match Thread

In some ways that was nicer than the 6-1...We were so clinical in the 6-1 game. But that game tonight we showed the huge gulf in class! HUMILIATED the rag cnuts :)

I thought his comment in the interview said it all. Second half ‘save your legs, but if there’s a goal there take it’. We have done that a lot in the past where we all think we will win 5/6 nil, but actually pep tells them to save themselves. Could of won that 7/8 -0, but I’ll happily take 3-1. Delighted.
Save your legs for what? The League is so far gone we can't even see it in the distance and the next Cup games aren't until the end of Jan? This was the game we should have been saving ourselves for and it'll be a tragedy if they nick a few at the Etihad because the gulf between the 2 sides isn't even a gulf it's like we are Neptune and they are some shitty astroid floating through space 9 million light years away.

That was a great performance. We were a bit more conservative in our approach the 2nd half, people complain too much instead of being happy with the performance and the result.

Their goal will help us take seriously the 2nd leg and this time it might be carnage.

Pep knows what he is doing, we were brilliant in that 1st half.

I hope Pep knows that risk is always a possibility, and that I think he did it purely to conserve energy.

In champions league we cannot play like that in the 2nd half, no point conserving energy. I hope Pep understands that!

If we put that second half performance in against Madrid next month, we'd be 4-3 down.

I’m going to get shouted at for this but I’m a bit pissed off we refused to go for the 4th at the end there, we genuinely could be coming away having scored 5 if we’d had really gone for it.
We should of had 6 in the 1st half. We missed some big chances

Cant argue with the result before kick off ,- should have been more, but Phil could have come on earlier

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.