United (A) - League Cup SF Post-Match Thread

Wait . . . are you Brendan Rogers?

You have a three-goal lead on one of the best counter-attacking sides around, and you want to keep chasing. So when do you stop? Is six goals enough? Seven?

Yeah, 6 would do it. 5 probably.

We have a 2 goal lead against a side we could have conceded 5 to a month ago.

United will be pissing themselves at how they got away with this tonight. They're still in the tie despite getting completely and utterly outclassed for 45 minutes.

It's a good win.

It's also a massive opportunity missed.

There's only going to be so many derbies where we're this dominant. Pep isn't going to be around forever, United aren't going to be shit forever. This is the second time we have completely and utterly outclassed them in the first half, could have scored 5+ and then just stopped playing in the second half.

It's frustrating because as a fan, it makes me feel like Pep doesn't really give a shit about the derby, and the rivalry. I watched his Barcelona side school Madrid 5-0, 6-2 and I can 100% say they didn't pack it in at 3-0 like we just did there.

It also feeds in to the wider feeling that we just aren't a cut throat team. We don't make teams pay when we should. Today United were so shit it didn't matter, but Spurs, Norwich, Wolves took advantage of that leniency and it's cost us the league.

The fact that it's a 2 legged tie, and we've given away the chance to play some kids and rest players in the next leg makes it even worse, because god knows the schedule is hard enough already.
You say that yet you were saying Sterling didn’t play badly in the match thread....

The only times United look remotely threatening is when they have space to play into. They've got to score 2 without reply (or 3 to win it outright) to take us to penalties, and why would we give them that space? No injuries, Laporte coming back, and we have United fans celebrating not getting battered 0-6 like it's a moral victory. Cheer up, blues. It's been a tough season and this is a highlight.

What the Fook did I just hear on sky sports.

give credit to ole for the 2nd half performance & Utd won the second half one nil!

that’s why it Fookin hurts that we didn’t destroy them by 10.

bunch of jokers on sky!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.