Fernandinho - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can’t understand how you can watch fernandinhos performances and then compare him to Yaya.

De bruyne aside he’s been our most consistent performer by far really.
I don't know how you can read my comments and conclude I was comparing him to Yaya. I wasn't. I was anticipating the kind of role that should be expected of an aging vet.

And no, he had not been our 2nd most consistent player. He's been an admirable cover at CB, and has had a few fantastic games at the position. But consistent? Stop!

Nice little backhander you've tried to give him there.

The situation is nothing like Yaya's. Yaya was slow and lazy in decline. Fernandinho is nothing of the sort. He'll keep playing as a regular starter until he's good enough - age has nothing to do with it.

He's still one of our best players, our leader, and would still be our number one DM, comfortably, if played there.
There is no backhand. One is a congrats and appreciation of what he has achieved. The other is a clear eyed view of future expectations.

Being an ageing vet has nothing to do with it. All players don't decline at the same time in their career, based off some pre-conceived notion.

Yaya wasn't sidelined because he was a vet or because of his age, he was sidelined because of a combination of not being right for Pep and becoming too slow and lazy.

I just can’t understand how you can watch fernandinhos performances and then compare him to Yaya.

De bruyne aside he’s been our most consistent performer by far really.

Certain posters have very long running agendas, unfortunately.

Although I'd much prefer him back in his old position, he's been a bright spot in an otherwise dull season.

Certain posters have very long running agendas, unfortunately.

Although I'd much prefer him back in his old position, he's been a bright spot in an otherwise dull season.
Projection much?
I
don't have an agenda. Im not like you. I say this based on what I've seen.

I mean how do you figure this plays out? Laporte comes back, we buy Koulibaly and Dihno benches Rodri and Gundogan at DM?

Go ahead, tell me how you see it. I'm all ears.

If we're going to rely on Fernandinho in any position next year then it will be a concern because it will mean that the people making decisions simply don't learn from their mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.