United (A) - League Cup SF Post-Match Thread

Excellent first 45
If it wasn’t for Raheem having forgotten his specs we could have had 6
Second half was all about saving energy but like others on here I wish we’d gone for more.
Shame to gift them that goal though

Or at least not concede one. 3-0 would have done. Sloppy that goal and too easy. 3 passes and it’s in our net

Happy with the result, was like a Cheshire cat at halftime, 2nd half was frustrating and even nerve wracking that with thought they would be back in the tie with another goal. Was looking like it was going to be a 6 0 at one point. Overall Pep got it right once again

What the fuck is Darren I shit my pants Fletcher on about. He's making it sound like the Rags were plucky losers, wanker.
You should look at the match thread mate, as it makes Fletcher sound like a man of reason. I’ve never been in the thread before and won’t be going in again, as it’s absolute poison. Reading it you’d swear we were hanging on, 3-3 was round the corner, Guardiola is a buffoon, and we should have ended the game with 5 men on the pitch, as they’d have taken off Ota, Mendy, Bravo, Gundogan, Sterling and Mahrez. They wanted Jesus on and then quickly wanted him off. Absolutely full of bell-ends.

But this is what doesn't make sense.

By telling them to stop playing, he's given them another game to play.

He's given them 90+ minutes of extra work for the sake of saving 15 minutes tonight.
Possibly? But what if we go out 2nd half really strong and not score a goal, then the energy used was wasted when it wasn't necessary from the work of the first half.

I'm really just playing devils advocate as I can't say what Pep decided is the right choice, or if there is a right choice, but many factors were probably involved in his decision.

Personally, I'd have preferred your approach and just try to blitz them the 2nd half and try to rack up more goals if possible, but I understand his approach as well.

Never been so disappointed after beating those wankers. We should have cleaned them out by 5 or 6.

If they get an early goal in the second leg it'll get nervy, and we're inconsistent this season.

Hopefully we did enough in that first half.

Ffs mahrez
and raz, both of them, have multiple "I" problems, only concerned about self glory, and don't see better options to team mates.
I know there are 6/7 players competing for 3/4 spots and you want to shine, but playing proper team football is the smart players bread and butter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.