United (A) - League Cup SF Post-Match Thread

1st half was an phenomenal performance and it should have been 5 at the end of the 1st half. Disappointed we did not add to the scoreline but I will take 3-1. Bernardo was brilliant tonight back to his best and Dhino put in another masterclass as ever. Sterling was poor and looks like his confidence has gone and needs to be rested. Rags are just utter shite, looking forward to the return leg.

Is the game over, or at half time?
How many of those missed chances might we come to regret?
We are clearly in the cat bird seat, but this tie should be OVER now, and it isn’t.
And, to directly answer your question: You NEVER stop trying to win a tie.

No one's saying we stopped trying to win. We had already won. I'm not arguing that we played well in the 2H and should have scored with another half coming up in a few weeks, but the conservative move with our back line, ball retention ability and knowledge that they had to chase was to pass it around, keep possession and run the watch off. And the next match is at home.

Loo
I think you'll find I said he played well apart from his finishing.

If only we'd played for 60 minutes tonight instead of 45, and we could have rested everyone in the second leg instead of having to take it seriously...
Possibly, but I still think we play Foden and Garcia second leg and win comfortably. Pep isn’t one to normally make massive changes so all in all a great result.

To go for the kill is to take risks and why do it when you are 3 goals up away from home? We had chances to score 4-5 goals but didn't take them.

To characterise our approach as "fucking ludicrous" is fucking ludicrous.

Not the whole approach I mean when we had them on the ropes, 3 v 3 several times at the end and we literally turned back rather than trying to score.

That’s the ludicrous bit, I don’t mind seeing the game out generally, but when you’re in the box then score.

Three. That first half was sublime and will be brought up in front of United fans for the rest of my life.
there very bitter seriously,the texts i got 4 weeks ago i gave back and TBH they are violent scum,we can take it for all the years we have been bad but these ****s are very bitter losers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.