United (A) - League Cup SF Post-Match Thread

But this is what doesn't make sense.

By telling them to stop playing, he's given them another game to play.

He's given them 90+ minutes of extra work, plus the danger of actually not getting to the final, for the sake of saving 15-20 minutes tonight to put everything to bed.

What should we be saving ourselves for? Premier League games?
Even if it had finished 3-0 he wouldn’t (and shouldn’t) have put out a completely second string team in the second leg.

We've had a lot of off days this season, and they were dog shit a month ago as well.

I fully expect us to win the tie next week, but it will be a high pressure, nerve-wracking game we have to play at 100% that we could have completely avoided by killing them off tonight.
Yeah but that’s more fun. We’re city at the end of the day.

Agreed,a 2 goal lead is not comfortable,they have scored more than that at ours this season lready,the annoying thing was you could see their goal coming a mile off but he didn't change it

Past your bedtime Karen, if you think these wankers will beat us at home again you’ve taken to many prozac:)

you tell em Micah.

I cant believe Fletcher just said Ole will be pleased with the fight but Pep will be dissapointed after that game. Tell him to fuck off Micah

He's right. Pep will be unhappy we didn't win it 0-8 and Ole will be happy it was only 1-3

Sterling impressed me with his movement.

A big difference between this derby and the last one is that we're more tactically prepared now. If we lose the home leg by 3 goals and get knocked out then I'd be one very surprised person.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.