#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should have made it 4-0 and if he did that would have been it

He’s been poor for months, he’s not making good decisions, when he is he’s not delivering and he’s running down too many blind allies

Needs a spell out for sure, nothing he tries to do seems to come off. Stands still over the ball far to often and slows our movement down. Pep doesn't seem to notice it like the majority on here though.

Nah, Pep is well aware.
He simply wants to back him by not taking him off
as he knows how often Raz has been fighting back.
It just doesn't come off at the moment.

He had to cover Leroy at LW all season. We have to be patient with Raz.

His confidence is not at his best, but he just needs to be calm and trust in himself.
It's not much that's missing as he has shown even if not at his best.

He’ll be back. No arguments that this is probably the worst spell he’s had since signing though.

Where has this lads confidence gone? Start of the season, he'd have had a first half hat trick.

Getting in the positions but it's the raz of old on the end. Do whatever you did pre season Raheem ffs, needs sorting sharpish.

He never plays well against Utd or Liverpool but always gets picked and never gets hooked. No wonder Leroy has got his suitcase packed. Love Pep but even he baffles me sometimes.

Posted on the match thread about this, I genuinely think Pep is trying to let him play through this dip in form. Good coaching or stubbornness? Think we'll know soon enough

Posted on the match thread about this, I genuinely think Pep is trying to let him play through this dip in form. Good coaching or stubbornness? Think we'll know soon enough

No harm in trying to let a player play through a bad patch. When a bad patch lasts 3 months though, I would hope Pep would try something different.

He's had around 18 months of being brilliant. In that time we've had KDB out of the side, Silva's powers waning, Mahrez settling and injuries to Jesus and Aguero at various times. He's done his stint to be fair and needs a month off. It looks like mental fatigue to me

Can never understand why he cannot affect games against the Rags & Dippers , twice in a month he has played against Wank Bassaka and the Rag has had him in his back pocket , he played well at Klanfield this season and murdered Terence Trent Darby , but it just doesnt click for him in front of goal , he has missed countless sitters. He's going through a rough patch but we need him firing for Real , but there again , we need everyone firing against Real.

Can never understand why he cannot affect games against the Rags & Dippers , twice in a month he has played against Wank Bassaka and the Rag has had him in his back pocket , he played well at Klanfield this season and murdered Terence Trent Darby , but it just doesnt click for him in front of goal , he has missed countless sitters. He's going through a rough patch but we need him firing for Real , but there again , we need everyone firing against Real.
Playing him to death on the left doesnt help him either. He does it so he can cut in on his right, but how often does it work? On the right he can atleast mix it up a little bit and take it to the line. His dribbling has never been that good imo, SwP was a better dribbler and that is something I have though since he came. The way Sweep just bodyfeinted and took out two defender running at goal is something I have missed in Raz game. His pace and amazing movement is what has made him. He started out very good on the left but now he's found out and he is as one-dimensional as Mahrez ever was.

Don't get me wrong, its more than his position that he struggles with atm, but it doesn't help one bit. Since his Liverpool days I have always thought he would be better central, but in a team like ours you cant really have him as a false 9 or one of the three in our usual formation because he is prone to under-or-overhit his passes to often. But as a hardworking 2nd striker in the 3421 we have tried, I definitely can see him be lethal, if he can get out of this diabolical form hes in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.