"WWYWYWS"

Let them sing what they want - as long as it is fit for public consumption. There's far worse to hear. Anything with that U****d word is worse.
Where were we when we were...?

I always think a round of "you're only here for the City, here for the City is a nice, cheeky little piss take.

Funny. because when we were truly shit ,the City fans were admired and respected for unwavering loyalty.

However, I'm occasionally reminded that it was also more than 20 years ago, and a whole generation have since evolved, knowing only success and a different type of ridicule.

Funny. because when we were truly shit ,the City fans were admired and respected for unwavering loyalty.

However, I'm occasionally reminded that it was also more than 20 years ago, and a whole generation have since evolved, knowing only success and a different type of ridicule.

Those that went around that era during puberty, are now forcing their kids to watch this dross week in, week out. Hard times, indeed.
"During my day son, there was no VAR. In most games there were rarely pitch markings."

Where were you when you were shit?
Well (to paraphrase Samuel L Jackson) allow me to retort.

First Home Game of the 1998-99 Season

Molineux (20, 023 v Tranmere) Championship
Selhurst Park (19,029 v Bolton) Championship
Bramall Lane (15,977 v Swindon) Championship
Vicarage Road (10,731 v Bradford) Championship

Maine Road (32,134 v Blackpool) League One.
All tickets sold a week in advance

Brilliant - but that will be really hard to sing back to them mate ;-)

They all know the score....we have the most loyal fans in England, especially when the shit hits the fan.

They just hate it.

I give you........Blackburn away..................Brilliant scenes and one of my best days out ever.

Laughable for Sheffield United fans to sing that.

To put it into context Bramhall Lane has a capacity of around 32,500 about the same as Maine Road.

In 1998/99 when we were in league one/division 3 our average attendance was 28,261.

In 2013/14 Sheffield United were in League One and their average attendance was 17,906.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.