#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This needs handling carefully. Discarding him for a few games, as some suggest, could come back and bite us. Worse still, selling him.

Must keep him fully involved as an integral squad member, maybe using him as a sub for the next two or three games. Needs to play his way back rather than being ostracised.

Sterling has achieved a lot for us and with us over the last 3 years. He’s well out of form but doesn’t become a useless twat overnight.

Last edited:
This needs handling carefully. Discarding him for a few games, as some suggest, could come back and bite us. Worse still, selling him.

Must keep him fully involved as an integral squad member, maybe using him as a sub for the next two or three games. Needs to play his way back rather than being ostracised.

Sterling has achieved a lot for us and with us over the last 3 years. He’s well out of form but doesn’t become a useless twat overnight.

Agree - plenty of games to come but i think he needs to sit a few out. I think there is an issue with his footwork when attacking the box from the left wing. As a right footed player running in from that side you know it is coming at an unnatural angle - you want it in front of you and that favors the left foot. But you often dont need a great contact - you just need a solid one as the keeper will be beaten by the cross, get the footwork right and its easy. I genuinely think he could massively improve on his left foot finishing and with more confidence on his left improve his decision making.

He's in danger of being dropped, never mind rested. He had a great opportunity to make it 4 nil and blew. If that's 0-0 V Real Madrid that simply has to go in

Potentially more worryingly, though is the amount of dead-ends he keeps running down and the weakness he is giving the ball away due to the time he's taking in decision making. His best work over the past 3 years has been done without the ball i.e movement and a tap-in. Let's get back to that

He’s been here how long and apart from a good 3 months towards the end of last season he’s been consistently poor on the left. His goals have masked it especially in the fickle media where he’s gone full circle. He just looks so easy to defend against out there as he doesn’t have the balance of some of the classic wingers who play on their wrong side and can cut in effortlessly at full speed. It almost takes his greatest asset away from him being out there. If Leroy goes as looks very likely we desperately need someone who can play out there so Sterling can move back to the right. I enjoy watching him play for England this season when Rashford plays as Sterling is then on the right.

Needs to be left out of the team on current form, absolute powder puff efforts off or on goal last night, infact nothing he tried came off for him. Been like it for a couple of months now, Mahrez on the left, Bernardo on the right on current form deserve to start ahead of Raheem.
Phil on the left. Bernado in the middle

[QUOTE="decmancity, post: 12347174, member: 34556"

Had a few chances last night that he just needed to hit with his left foot, one of the downsides of playing on the left wing i guess....

Ah right. Maybe he should have taken that pen against Wolves with his left![/QUOTE]
That the one he scored mate to make it 1-0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.