Peter Drury replaces Martin Tyler on Sky Sports

After Bernardo scored he called it a derby classic. Or something along them lines. His voice suggested otherwise

He even managed to raise his voice for the Rashford goal.

Prior to that, I assumed he was commentating on his mother's funeral.

Some of his utterances were truly apologetic.

From United's youngsters, to it being an expensive time over Christmas, hence the red empty seats.

His best one was that our allocation had been reduced because of our own actions at the derby last month.

There is misinformed and just plain lying.

I dont think its anything personal against ourselves. He wasn't morose when Aguerooooo scored and also for Kompany's goal against Leicester.

I think it boils down to the lack of surprise due to City being so dominant. If it was 0-0 and we scored in the 90th min it may be a different reaction from Tyler.

To be honest, the comms from overseas has always been superior to any here and entertaining. Guy Mowbray is good for BBC. Ian Crocker who usually covers SPL for Sky is decent too.

I dont think its anything personal against ourselves. He wasn't morose when Aguerooooo scored and also for Kompany's goal against Leicester.

I think it boils down to the lack of surprise due to City being so dominant. If it was 0-0 and we scored in the 90th min it may be a different reaction from Tyler.

To be honest, the comms from overseas has always been superior to any here and entertaining. Guy Mowbray is good for BBC. Ian Crocker who usually covers SPL for Sky is decent too.

I don't think so. Remember the 3-2 defeat at Liverpool in the slippy G season? You couldn't say City were dominant then, at that point we had won one title in almost 50 years and that had been by a hair's breadth. It was a big game, top two teams in the league against each other, Liverpool going for the title in the 25th year after Hillsborough, and when they scored twice in the first two half Tyler's voice reflected the drama of the moment quite superbly. The contrast with the flat reaction to City scoring two goals early in the second half could not be plainer, and was made even more plain when they scored a winner with 15 or so minutes to go.

Nice theory, but it doesn't fit the facts.

The contrast with the flat reaction to City scoring two goals early in the second half could not be plainer, and was made even more plain when they scored a winner with 15 or so minutes to go.

Also Tyler again at Anfield two years ago when we scored 2 goals in the last 10 mins to get it back to 4-3. Tyler's all "BOBBY FIRMINHO!!" etc when theirs went in but sounded like he was genuinely concerned we might pull off a miracle comeback each time we hit the net. His arse absolutely went when Aguero nearly scored at the death for 4-4.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.