United (A) - League Cup SF Post-Match Thread

It has at Maine Road
I went to a derby in the early 80's and I'm sure the attendance was around 23,000

I think the only time it got that low was Lake’s testimonial. The 1986 McCarthy header game is listed on here as 32.000. Watch the YouTube footage of that one. Defo more than that. It is packed. Swales says it was 32000 though! Loads of rags in the North Stand too when they score.

He was hailed in the MEN as the next Duncan Edwards when he signed for the scum. I love Phil this lad always leaves me smiling every time he plays in a game against us. As someone said testermonial next year, got to go to that just to say " thank You Phil "
Duncan Edwards must have been the most overrated player in the 1950's

I think the only time it got that low was Lake’s testimonial. The 1986 McCarthy header game is listed on here as 32.000. Watch the YouTube footage of that one. Defo more than that. It is packed. Swales says it was 32000 though! Loads of rags in the North Stand too when they score.
That's the game I'm thinking of
The derby the season before and the next one two and a half years later are 48 and 45,000 so shows what a crap attendance that 32 was
There again it was a shite match and shown live on telly IIRC

That's the game I'm thinking of
The derby the season before and the next one two and a half years later are 48 and 45,000 so shows what a crap attendance that 32 was
There again it was a shite match and shown live on telly IIRC

That attendance smells like bullshit to me watching it though. North stand is almost full, Kippax is full. Were they doing the Main Stand new roof that season?

No. It was just a crap attendance when we'd (the Uk) had fallen out of love with football
Scousers had got English teams banned from Europe and hooliganism and aggro was rife

It was also not straight forward getting tickets for such a game if not a season ticket holder - I remember one game where not enough fans had the required amount of tokens or something similar.

No mate, it's defo you if you think pogba would get anywhere near our team on ability... May I suggest you up your dose until you are better.....

I didn’t say they would get in the team, the question was whether any would get in our squad. And if you’ve seen pogba play for France you’ll know he has the talent. Much as I love Zinchenko, I don’t think he keeps out a World Cup winner.

Besides, you were one shouting for your nurse :)

I feel like we are never at home for a semi final second leg. So it will be great to finally have one at the ethihad. Should be rocking

I didn’t say they would get in the team, the question was whether any would get in our squad. And if you’ve seen pogba play for France you’ll know he has the talent. Much as I love Zinchenko, I don’t think he keeps out a World Cup winner.

Besides, you were one shouting for your nurse :)
Not me bud,that was someone else trying to help you :-))

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.