Football fans attacking Youtube fan channels

Red Issue (was once the rags go to fanzine) has done some digging on the Rag channels and it turns out that the two main ones (I'm not sure if these are right names) Full time Devils and United Stand are in fact owned by, I think Freemantle MEDIA, which is an outlet that has ties to Vice who have their own TV channel and put out various TV shows, they recon that The presenters of these channels are full time professionals and aren't even United fans Mark Golbridge who is the Alan Partridge type clown who is on Full time Devils is a Nottingham Forest fan and he uses Mark Golbridge as an alias and the Asian lad who works on the other fan channel United Stand is in fact a Spurs fan, if all this is true it sums up these so called fan channels for me as nothing more than money making schemes using the thick fuckers at the swamp who come out livid to get hits, it does add up for me as that the majority who are interviewed do seem to be....let's say Not full shillings

I have also heard but can't confirm that Robbie from AFTV is in fact a Luton Town fan

I'd be embarrassed to have a channel like AFTV associated with my club.
When we had Swales we had fanzines and people phoning up the local radio to argue. We had large groups of fans gathering round the front of the Main Stand every home game and every game there'd be Police horses and dogs clearing it up when they'd had enough.

What is it about AFTV that you don't like. I mentioned the above because often they are angry and I wanted to point out that we have been too.

Red Issue (was once the rags go to fanzine) has done some digging on the Rag channels and it turns out that the two main ones (I'm not sure if these are right names) Full time Devils and United Stand are in fact owned by, I think Freemantle MEDIA, which is an outlet that has ties to Vice who have their own TV channel and put out various TV shows, they recon that The presenters of these channels are full time professionals and aren't even United fans Mark Golbridge who is the Alan Partridge type clown who is on Full time Devils is a Nottingham Forest fan and he uses Mark Golbridge as an alias and the Asian lad who works on the other fan channel United Stand is in fact a Spurs fan, if all this is true it sums up these so called fan channels for me as nothing more than money making schemes using the thick fuckers at the swamp who come out livid to get hits, it does add up for me as that the majority who are interviewed do seem to be....let's say Not full shillings

I have also heard but can't confirm that Robbie from AFTV is in fact a Luton Town fan

Their info on Full Time Devils is severely outdated and mostly wrong tbh mate. They were sold off from Fremantle about two years ago. They have no connections whatsoever to them now at all. They're just owned by Social Chain, a manchester social media company, who bought it cos it was going cheap. They've done fuck all other than let it exist really

Red Issue are making connections where there isn't anymore. Also, you're getting things mixed up. Goldbridge has nowt to do with full time devils mate. He's United Stand. Goldbridge wasn't a professional either. Just a chancer bellend, which he most definitely is. Former forest fan who thought he could get a piece of the pie. Don't doubt he's got management etc now, but he never was a pro beforehand. You're getting mixed up with the Spurs bit too - they said a cousin of one of the United presenters also does Spurs content.

I know the full time devils lads as I used to work alongside them when they were owned by Fremantle. Fremantle thought fan channels would be big, so they gave some fans the funds to start them. It wasn't as big as they thought, so they sold them off. Or cancelled them. I was on a City one called blue moon rising. They cancelled that sadly. We certainly weren't professionals. Nor were any of the FTD lads. Some of them have, as a result of that, moved onto professional presenting, but they certainly weren't beforehand. The ones I know were all just normal United fans interested in youtube/talking about football, like myself. Couple of FTD lads are lovely guys that I consider mates. One's a fucking knob, but yeah. That's gonna happen.

Red Issue have done some research, but its sketchy and all over place. They've kinda connected the wrong dots or got out of dated information. Put 2+2 together and got 7. They are right though that some of the fan channels are bellends! ha. I should know, I've worked with many of them. They're right now that some will be managed or whatever, but they were never anywhere near as cynically built as some think. Pretty much all of them started independently and got big, then started to get more 'professional' afterwards.

Anyway, I do videos yep, and I run a fan channel, but I'm a world away from AFTV and the United Stand stuff. I'm not in it for playing silly characters and looking like a dick on camera. I just like talking about football. Funnily enough, id be much more successful if I did act like a twat, but ya know...dignity! I think it was inevitable that it was going to backfire on some of the channels at some point. I don't agree with anyone attacking anyone, its just that they're good at spreading negativity, whether that's right or not, so itll naturally attract equally negative responses. It is what it is.

Last edited:
People generally only watch those channels to take the piss out of the team (we all love AFTV when Arsenal are nose diving and same with that United pleb “give it giggsy until the end of the season”).

It’s great for revenue creation for the channel and self promotion for their regular contributors but it doesn’t exactly do anything for the club or the normal supporters watching (other than act as yet another way their fan base can have the piss ripped out of it). It’s all rather self serving and I can fully understand why normal fans would tell them to fuck off after a while, especially after a loss.

Are you supporting mob rule ?

Can you imagine what it would have been like in the Peter Swales era if Youtube was available? Those were the days of pitched battles with the police on the Main Stand forecourt. Some of these fan channels are good but some of the modern-day attention-seeking presenters would benefit from a slapping!

Was thinking exactly same thing this morning. Gary James posted on face book an article from the old electric blue fanzine about one of the AGM’s from early 90’s (worth a read if you find it very chilling). The amount of hatred we has fans had towards the board I don’t think YouTube would have enough server space to fit all the videos.

Their info on Full Time Devils is severely outdated and mostly wrong tbh mate. They were sold off from Fremantle about two years ago. They have no connections whatsoever to them now at all. They're just owned by Social Chain, a manchester social media company, who bought it cos it was going cheap. They've done fuck all other than let it exist really

Red Issue are making connections where there isn't anymore. Also, you're getting things mixed up. Goldbridge has nowt to do with full time devils mate. He's United Stand. Goldbridge wasn't a professional either. Just a chancer bellend, which he most definitely is. Former forest fan who thought he could get a piece of the pie. Don't doubt he's got management etc now, but he never was a pro beforehand. You're getting mixed up with the Spurs bit too - they said a cousin of one of the United presenters also does Spurs content.

I know the full time devils lads as I used to work alongside them when they were owned by Fremantle. Fremantle thought fan channels would be big, so they gave some fans the funds to start them. It wasn't as big as they thought, so they sold them off. Or cancelled them. I was on a City one called blue moon rising. They cancelled that sadly. We certainly weren't professionals. Nor were any of the FTD lads. Some of them have, as a result of that, moved onto professional presenting, but they certainly weren't beforehand. The ones I know were all just normal United fans interested in youtube/talking about football, like myself. Couple of FTD lads are lovely guys that I consider mates. One's a fucking knob, but yeah. That's gonna happen.

Red Issue have done some research, but its sketchy and all over place. They've kinda connected the wrong dots or got out of dated information. Put 2+2 together and got 7. They are right though that some of the fan channels are bellends! ha. I should know, I've worked with many of them. They're right now that some will be managed or whatever, but they were never anywhere near as cynically built as some think. Pretty much all of them started independently and got big, then started to get more 'professional' afterwards.

Anyway, I do videos yep, and I run a fan channel, but I'm a world away from AFTV and the United Stand stuff. I'm not in it for playing silly characters and looking like a dick on camera. I just like talking about football. Funnily enough, id be much more successful if I did act like a twat, but ya know...dignity! I think it was inevitable that it was going to backfire on some of the channels at some point. I don't agree with anyone attacking anyone, its just that they're good at spreading negativity, whether that's right or not, so itll naturally attract equally negative responses. It is what it is.
I bow to your superior knowledge mate thanks
Like I said I wasn't sure about my info as I had read it on twitter and you never know what true and what's fake

The impression I did get from the Red Issue stuff I read was that they were a little bit envious of the Rag fan channels though and maybe had an axe to grind

And good luck with your stuff I hope it works out for you

• AFTV make money off negativity around Arsenal
  • Arsenal fans confront them
  • AFTV label the fans yobs. Passionate fans seeing their club harassed are called "thugs"

All I saw in that shoutyman video was aftv propaganda. All I see from the press/media is propaganda. Propaganda and clickbait everywhere
The only honesty is from the fanbases, they know how it feels and they say it like it is, without any fucking pretences or clickbait bullshit. I believe the fans, not these new wannabe stars with their career plans and increasing the revenue targets.

So, if aftv get their collective heads kicked in it's because they deserve it imo. Sorry :(

When we had Swales we had fanzines and people phoning up the local radio to argue. We had large groups of fans gathering round the front of the Main Stand every home game and every game there'd be Police horses and dogs clearing it up when they'd had enough.

What is it about AFTV that you don't like. I mentioned the above because often they are angry and I wanted to point out that we have been too.

This ^ fanzines were just the old youtube. Personally I'm not a fan of AFTV as I think the lads on it are bell ends tbh. Obsessed with catchphrases etc. Fan media of some kind will always exist though. It was inevitably gonna head to video.

Interesting. I wanted to know what the argument against them is so thanks for replying.

I know about Mark Goldbridge, or I have heard before that he's a Forest fan. I have no idea why people listen to him. It's just his own opinion and I see no interest in it. I watch fan channels to see fans being interviewed to see what they think. Most of the comments are from fans streaming out of games and they seem authentic to me. On the contrary I think most of the fans come across quite well. I think by and large you probably only get confident speakers responding. If someone put a mic infront of me I'd turn around.

Did you get that information from a fanzine or is it available online?

Is this the knob your on about
Asian cough presenter
Or the doorman at hotel football or the ex corrie actor big mouth trevor or ...get the jist ....many knobs associated with FTD

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.