Taylor Harwood-Bellis | On loan at Southampton

Don't know about this one. If it's during the game and just a failed attempt to get under the other guy's skin then I don't really have a problem with it other than it backfiring miserably. Not a nice thing to do but I guess that would be the point. Plus, this is assuming Taylor said it out of the blue rather than in response to something van Veen has said.

I don't know, I'd just like a bit more context than the word of what looks like another ageing lower league striker trying to milk their fifteen minutes of fame for everything it's worth.

Anyway, Taylor's hopefully learning from his minor on and off field mistakes. He's a kid playing the man's game and everything is valuable experience at this point.

Don't know about this one. If it's during the game and just a failed attempt to get under the other guy's skin then I don't really have a problem with it other than it backfiring miserably. Not a nice thing to do but I guess that would be the point. Plus, this is assuming Taylor said it out of the blue rather than in response to something van Veen has said.

I don't know, I'd just like a bit more context than the word of what looks like another ageing lower league striker trying to milk their fifteen minutes of fame for everything it's worth.

Anyway, Taylor's hopefully learning from his minor on and off field mistakes. He's a kid playing the man's game and everything is valuable experience at this point.

Sign him up I say, those qualities are exactly what we need.

We don't cash anyone off
We don't cash anyone oooooffffff
We're Manchester City
We don't cash anyone off

Well someone will be having a word....

I think the club will be quite annoyed by this if they practice what they preach, because they have made a big deal in academy publicity of how they see keeping the kids grounded, putting them in a normal school, developing great people as well as players etc. as a key part of the academy. They have files on all the kids public profiles, social media exchanges, reports from their coaches and teachers about attitudes and behaviour etc. So they won't like the idea that City kids are going around bragging about the size of their wallets.

Outside of that, it does sound a lot like thinking you've made it before you have, but to be fair thinking that, learning how wrong you are and then refocusing is probably something they all go through.

Bit arrogant, but he's literally 17. We all said stupid things at 17. He's a kid living in a bubble. Hopefully he learns.

I think the club will be quite annoyed by this if they practice what they preach, because they have made a big deal in academy publicity of how they see keeping the kids grounded, putting them in a normal school, developing great people as well as players etc. as a key part of the academy. They have files on all the kids public profiles, social media exchanges, reports from their coaches and teachers about attitudes and behaviour etc. So they won't like the idea that City kids are going around bragging about the size of their wallets.

Outside of that, it does sound a lot like thinking you've made it before you have, but to be fair thinking that, learning how wrong you are and then refocusing is probably something they all go through.
I think context is key here. He seems like a nice kid, might just have been a weird way of getting under the strikers skin

If he’s one of our academy graduates that thinks they’ve made it whilst still in their teens, then it puts him in the same conversation as Daniel Sturridge and not Phil Foden. He needs to work harder than ever and stay focused.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.