Is it time to say goodbye

The really hard decision is when the dog has dementia but no pain.
At 15 Ours stopped going out and started shitting all over the house, even soiling itself in bed.
We couldn’t put up with that.

If she is staying downstairs she might have eaten something she shouldn't ,hope it's something as simples as that,it's very hard to know when the end is,my old 21yr old cat was absolutely fine,had a stroke one night and went blind,i had to make up a big comfy bed on the floor next to the bed for her,all her life she had slept with me so that was quite traumatic,she lived for nearly a year then had a seizure,turns out she had a brain tumour and they let me take her home for the day and take her back in the evening to be put to sleep
It's never easy,i hope your old girl is not at the end x
We had a cockatiel that my missus got when she was 16 and two years ago he had a stroke and couldn't get up or out of his cage.35 years old and he was best mates with our Maine coon who still looks up to where his cage was every time he comes in.Have had dogs cats and still heartbreaking when it's time for them to go.Hopefully Tiny and his family are good with whatever decision they have to make

Had our 14 year old boxer put to sleep on 23 December. Similar to yours she’s had a few ups and downs but anti inflammatories helped so much with her mobility. She was eating and drinking up until the night before, then started to have seizures through the night. Our other dog is missing her so much as are we all.
Feel for you, but with the vets help you’ll know when it’s time. Sounds like she’s had a great life. All the best.

I’d give her just a little longer, OP. Then, if no improvement, you’ll be absolutely sure.

I feared my old lurcher looked like a goner some time back when she couldn’t manage the steps any more. She rallied and lived happily for another 18 months before time caught up with her at 17. When it was time, I knew it was time.

We had a cockatiel that my missus got when she was 16 and two years ago he had a stroke and couldn't get up or out of his cage.35 years old and he was best mates with our Maine coon who still looks up to where his cage was every time he comes in.Have had dogs cats and still heartbreaking when it's time for them to go.Hopefully Tiny and his family are good with whatever decision they have to make
35! blimey,bet mrs peg was gutted,whatever the pet they are part of the family and leave a big space behind,i waited a year before i could think about getting a new cat,i just went for a look to see how i felt and she chose me!

Had our 14 year old boxer put to sleep on 23 December. Similar to yours she’s had a few ups and downs but anti inflammatories helped so much with her mobility. She was eating and drinking up until the night before, then started to have seizures through the night. Our other dog is missing her so much as are we all.
Feel for you, but with the vets help you’ll know when it’s time. Sounds like she’s had a great life. All the best.
Sorry to hear that lovely x

Best wishes @TINY, hope it's not what you fear, but if it is, I know you'll not let her suffer.

Dogs are the best people.

x

35! blimey,bet mrs peg was gutted,whatever the pet they are part of the family and leave a big space behind,i waited a year before i could think about getting a new cat,i just went for a look to see how i felt and she chose me!
He was always out and about,climbing the stairs and refusing to fly anywhere.The cat loved him too.Our 1st maine coon died at 4 years old of hcm. We got another pretty much straight away to soften the blow.Hes still going strong at 12 and ruling the house as they all do

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.