#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
A world class player without the ball, a average player with it.
Given that he's spending 95% of the time without the ball, I guess he's world class often enough to make sense of why he keeps getting picked.

If Nasri Kolarov Gundogan Clichy Džeko Otamendi Stones Mahrez or Sané were putting in the level of performances that Raheem has this season, and the level of performance he put in last night which was just about the worst of the lot, they’d be fucking lynched!

I’ve said he needs to be rested... he needs to be dropped!

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason some players just struggle against certain teams. I’d personally bench Sterling whenever we play United or Liverpool as for some reason his finishing goes to shit against them.

Still a great player though!

I don't think that's an option though. And Sane has had periods of being shocking too. Let's not pretend he was always mustard just coz he is injured now.

Sane has never been afforded a 3 month period of shocking though. We’ve all seen it, Sane has one or two bad games in succession and he’s done for weeks.

If a daft offer came in for him I'd take it.

This all day.

He’s done a great job and under Pep he’s flourished. But would you trust him in a 1-1 in the last minutes of a big final? We will never win the Champions League with players who cannot handle the big occasions. I’d love to be proved wrong but how many goals has he scored in the big games?

What are people’s thoughts when he loses a yard or two? Will he still cut it?

Maybe I’m being harsh but one thing is certain he’s poor on the left.

This all day.

He’s done a great job and under Pep he’s flourished. But would you trust him in a 1-1 in the last minutes of a big final? We will never win the Champions League with players who cannot handle the big occasions. I’d love to be proved wrong but how many goals has he scored in the big games?

What are people’s thoughts when he loses a yard or two? Will he still cut it?

Maybe I’m being harsh but one thing is certain he’s poor on the left.
On your first point, you're not wrong necessarily but it's a really restricted way of looking at things. He might not score the big goal but he'll score the goals that get you there. He was a VAR call away from a hattrick to seal a semifinal appearance for us in the CL. You can't discount that on the basis that he may miss a big chance in a big game.

On your second point, as long as he doesn't have injury issues (which he's never had as of yet) he shouldn't lose his pace for at least 5 years. That's a long time in the grand scheme of things. He could have adapted his game by then much like we've seen with Aguero.

He’s a great world class player like kompany and we sometimes miss him! he wasworth keeping another season imo same as David
What can we do if they both want to go
and try something different, Pep will try different combinations until he finds the best team Pep needs to stay another year and see it thew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.