Accents

"Alright mate, where you from and where's the beau (boy/girlfriend)? I'm going home now. See you!"

I think, the middle bit might be wrong as it doesn't make sense. Brought up in Lancashire helps a lot because they sing the vowels too, as in Blackburrrrn. My dad still says watter instead of water and gann is still used by a few of my relatives.

If you ever get to America and happen to be in Phildadelphia (bad choice) it's pronounced "wooder". A friend of ours asked my seven year old daughter if she wanted some "woodermelon." My daughter asked "what's that?" The lady pointed and my daughter replied "Oh. You mean WATERmelon?" I about fell off my chair. If course, that had nothing to do with the number of beers I'd drank. :-)

I struggled with people from Australia, New Zealand and South Africa when I first moved to London. There’s noted communities of each in the capital. I’d ask someone from Cape Town if they were Australian etc.

When getting through passport control at Baku in Azerbaijan, a lad with the strongest ever Anglesey accent was behind me in the queue. To the untrained war, it sounds very, very strange.

I struggled with people from Australia, New Zealand and South Africa when I first moved to London. There’s noted communities of each in the capital. I’d ask someone from Cape Town if they were Australian etc.

When getting through passport control at Baku in Azerbaijan, a lad with the strongest ever Anglesey accent was behind me in the queue. To the untrained war, it sounds very, very strange.
Don't you mean Sith Ifrici

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.