New reserve keeper

Most City fans would probably be happy to see Joe Hart come back, he's only 32! Club trained /Homegrown etc. However squad harmony is vital and if there are personality conflicts/hostility that could be not possible?
Doubt it would be most.

I appreciate he's lost confidence/form but I'd wager he's better than Carson and possibly Bravo ;-)
He wouldn't because the first requirement is passing and reading the game both of which Bravo is far and away better. We won't bring in a keeper that can't do that, so probably no homegrown keeper that I know of.

If it's a young keeper we are after to train up, I posted the following the other day after watching the Leeds v Arsenal game:
"I thought the 6 foot six inch, 19 year old Leeds keeper Illan Meslier had excellent distribution, good judgement and quick reactions tonight, he was unlucky for the Arsenal goal. It's rare to see such good distribution for a keeper. He may be one to keep an eye on in future?"
Apparently he's on a season long loan to Leeds with an option to buy, but that was his first, (and maybe last?), appearance for them.
He was very impressive IMO.

That's more like it.

Doubt it would be most.
Did you see the support he got for the last game he played before he left? There was a chant, stand up if you love Joe Hart, and MOST of the stadium stood up. The mutual warmth and affection was moving. He's still a City fan. I appreciate it's unlikely to happen, as I said before squad/team harmony is key.

How has Muric been doing? club trained as well, knows the guys, was decent for us in the cups. Would he accept that long term though?

The ABSOLUTE first priority with any supposed 'Reserve Keeper' is he is outstanding on penalties!

Whether it be he plays in cup ties that often go to shoot outs, or when he has to enter the field of play to face a penalty, after the 1st choice keeper has been sent off.

They don't have to be giants either. Paul Cooper was short and Willy Caballero wasn't tall but both were fantastic with penalties.

He wouldn't because the first requirement is passing and reading the game both of which Bravo is far and away better. We won't bring in a keeper that can't do that, so probably no homegrown keeper that I know of.
Bravo's passing, reading of the game and composure seems below Ederson's ATM, (and not very different from Hart's IMO).

A player's form generally varies with game time, trust and general confidence.

Bravo has certainly got better as he played more and was shown to be trusted by players and coaching staff.

Personally I believe Hart has a lot of natural talent but has lost his self confidence and form, not sure if that can be regained but there's still tremendous affection for Joe from many City fans.

I think both Gunn and Muric need game time to develop at this stage in their career and neither are likely to find it on our bench.

Did you see the support he got for the last game he played before he left? There was a chant, stand up if you love Joe Hart, and MOST of the stadium stood up. The mutual warmth and affection was moving. He's still a City fan. I appreciate it's unlikely to happen, as I said before squad/team harmony is key.
Respect for what he'd done. Think most realise he isn't good enough for what we want

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.