New reserve keeper

Better at what ? The priority for a Pep goalkeeper is being able to pass, hopefully we'll never find out if Carson can or not, but we know Joe can't.

How do we know he can't? It was never really required under Pellegrini or Mancini and didn't get a chance for Pep.

How do we know he can't? It was never really required under Pellegrini or Mancini and didn't get a chance for Pep.
He had one chance and didn't even try. Thing is it isn't just the ability to pass, it's the ability to read the game , see a pass, and be able to be calm enough under pressure to make the pass. Hart just wasn't that keeper. Even Pickford might have the ability to pass, he doesn't have the intelligence and calmness to be any good at it.

Angus Gunn. Club grown. Permanently on bench after the 9-0 drubbing by Liecester.
I guess we have a buy-back.

In terms of not breaking the bank and doing what is best for us, it wouldn't be a terrible idea. I think in the long-term that Muric is a better prospect than Gunn, so we'll want him getting game time elsewhere on loan. Wouldn't be surprised if we recalled him from Forest this month and sent him out somewhere else since he's basically been frozen out of the team for months.

Sign Gunn back as the number two and loan Muric for a season. Evaluate where they both are after that.

I do feel bad for any of the young keepers on our books as Ederson is going nowhere for the foreseeable future.

Which is exactly the reason Gunn wouldn't contemplate coming back, he knows his career has no future with us.

Maybe so, but if his options are our number two or Southampton's I think that's an easy decision. Granted, he very well could have offers from Championship clubs.

Did you see the support he got for the last game he played before he left? There was a chant, stand up if you love Joe Hart, and MOST of the stadium stood up. The mutual warmth and affection was moving. He's still a City fan. I appreciate it's unlikely to happen, as I said before squad/team harmony is key.

There were a number of reasons Hart was let go and it wasn't just his inability to pass a neat ball to a team mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.