Rank Manchester City biggest games

City 1-0 Utd in 2012 more than deserves to be on this list.

It was a bigger game than the 6-1 was at the time it was played that’s for sure.

Both ended up being significant important in terms of result.

1. QPR
2. Rags semi
3. Stoke
4. 6-1
5. Gills

The manner and importance of the qpr win sent us global.
Rags semi gave everyone - fans, managers, staff the belief that we had arrived
Stoke win confirmed that
6-1 may have stayed deep in the team’s psyche as proof that we were the best team in the league and given them hope when things turned sour against qpr
Gillingham is hugely overrated imo

1. QPR
2. Rags semi
3. Stoke
4. 6-1
5. Gills

The manner and importance of the qpr win sent us global.
Rags semi gave everyone - fans, managers, staff the belief that we had arrived
Stoke win confirmed that
6-1 may have stayed deep in the team’s psyche as proof that we were the best team in the league and given them hope when things turned sour against qpr
Gillingham is hugely overrated imo

I’ll explain Gillingham to you.

We only agreed to move to the City of Manchester Stadium if we had been promoted.
If we had stayed down then they would have built a temporary stadium instead.

The megaton? One of the reasons Mansour chose City was being in the new stadium and more importantly the land around it which had huge potential for future developments.

Without Gillingham non of the other matches would have happened.

In football terms who knows what would have happened immediately after without that win either. We would have stayed down and may have ended up like Leeds who have been down for 17 years.

That win gave us the momentum the club had lacked for a long time and ultimately was the first seed of where we are today.

Op
daft question
you've even ranked the biggest win by your own order going from 1 to 5
in the correct order

??? there must be more than what i picked ?? what about the blackburn away when we got promoted or the championship winners 2001/2

I’ll explain Gillingham to you.

We only agreed to move to the City of Manchester Stadium if we had been promoted.
If we had stayed down then they would have built a temporary stadium instead.

The megaton? One of the reasons Mansour chose City was being in the new stadium and more importantly the land around it which had huge potential for future developments.

Without Gillingham non of the other matches would have happened.

In football terms who knows what would have happened immediately after without that win either. We would have stayed down and may have ended up like Leeds who have been down for 17 years.

That win gave us the momentum the club had lacked for a long time and ultimately was the first seed of where we are today.

you maybe right about the ground ?? but i also heard united was favourite to take over if we won the 2000 olympic games and the bid was based around a 80.000 stadium

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.