The state of the gardens - another police incident

What a really shit reply that is, some people who are genuinely homeless rely on these for a hot meal/ drink maybe the only one they will get all day. Not all homeless are scumbags some are their through no fault of their own, and as for these do gooders that give their time up to help feed/ clothe people less fortunate in society they should be praised not ridiculed
My friends husband is very active with the Manchester homeless group. He cooks and makes sandwiches and goes out most nights to feed the homeless. He also makes winter survival packs with warm coats, shoes sleeping bags etc. I admire him so much.

Ha.

I’m perpetually amazed that ‘Do-gooder’ is a pejorative term. These people give up their free time, and often at a direct financial cost to themselves personally, in order to help those less fortunate than themselves.

There is a legitimate discussion to be had about whether, like food banks, soup kitchens etc actually legitimise a state of affairs that should be wholly unacceptable, but I don’t see how it helps to denigrate the people who provide this kind of service. Nor frankly do I understand the mentality of anyone who ridicules those willing to help the less fortunate members of our society.

Fair enough. do-gooder was a throw away comment and not helpful and I do admire their intentions. However, I do believe people who do this, and supply money and food, are not helping the situation of the city or the individuals. They would be better giving to charities. That's my view on it.

It doesn’t exactly enhance the image of one of Manchester’s premier squares does it?

When these people stop breaking into apartment blocks and stop shitting on floors and injecting themselves unconscious in front of residents and their children I might have more tolerance. There is help for these people but they refuse it otherwise they would be housed and not dossing in town. Giving them soup and tea and facilitating their existence is not helping.
My friends husband is very active with the Manchester homeless group. He cooks and makes sandwiches and goes out most nights to feed the homeless. He also makes winter survival packs with warm coats, shoes sleeping bags etc. I admire him so much.

It makes you realise when you read posts like this there are a lot of good people in society, he sounds a great guy

It makes you realise when you read posts like this there are a lot of good people in society, he sounds a great guy

he is indeed. They also help to locate and check the welfare on any people who haven’t been seen for a few days and inform them if family are trying to locate them.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/178027059359116/?ref=share

I urge people to like the page and have a scan through exactly what they do. Perhaps it will thaw a few hearts

not just homeless but help struggling families with food parcels

003be742.jpg

image.jpg

Used to be beautiful
Remember this way when I was younger
Stunning in summer,& still looked good in winter.

Remember this way when I was younger
Stunning in summer,& still looked good in winter.
In general town, ancoats and the arndale were rough and manky in the 80s, lots of no go zones . The regeneration has been amazing

In general town, ancoats and the arndale were rough and manky in the 80s, lots of no go zones . The regeneration has been amazing

Completely agree. I used to get a bus from town that went out through the northern quarter, ancoats, Bradford and out towards droylsden. The transformation in those areas is incredible.

Its such a shit hole around there. Might sound harsh but they need to stop homeless congregating in that spot. Many are drugged up all the time and should be in hospitals or drug treatment clinics. Don’t see how burham has achieved anything on this.

I walk through it every day mate and it genuinely must be the worst x square foot of land in the country for degenerates (not calling all homeless people that word, we need to help them, I mean drug dealers and other scum bags).

Gangs knock about there, people openly doing illegal drugs without a care in the world, fighting, drinking cheap cider. It’s both locals and foreign criminals.

They need a heavy police presence almost all day every day just to stop the cretins.

I got stopped by an unsuspecting poor tourist, she was South American I think, asking how to get to Piccadilly Gardens. She had a map out etc. I genuinely said if you want to go then it’s the next right and then go right again but I really wouldn’t bother as it’s totally horrible. She looked surprised but thanked me.

This is how we look to visitors.

I’d send the police in to give the druggies a good hiding.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.