Don’t Blame Fans For The Empty Seats

If there are 3000 empties at the Etihad that's still 95% capacity

Football has never been richer. The commercial deals being done are huge. That very average new partnership we announced for a couple of mill more than offsets any season card price increase

I love the football I'm watching but I haven't limitless funds

If our owner wants a return on his investment, then stop continually buying £60m squad players

There shouldn't be 3000 empty seats at the Etihad.

Pep is the Manager. City play brilliant football. City are Champions. Etc.

Yes, we need to stop pissing £100mills on wrong players, their wages, and Agent fees.

Put it this way. A £30 season ticket increase is £1,200,000 a season, a or just over a Months wage for Sergio or Kev.

Last season City signed numerous new sponsorship deals. They've already signed a new sponsor this season.

As I'v stated over the last few seasons, there is absolutely no need for another season ticket price rise next season.

I won't hold my breath on that one as I will be dead before Kahldoon and Soriano announce another set of season ticket and match day ticket price rises next season.

I wrote this in September 2014:

"I got my season ticket in 1999. It wasn't until 2006 that City got to the quarter finals of a cup competition. So for many years you had your 38 league games, and without exaggerating, you probably had 4 cup games at most. All in all, about 42-44 games a season. And this was when City were category C for most clubs and football all round was a lot cheaper. Compare all this to how many games a season we have now, and how many times we're the category A game. Was over 50 last season, and probably will be the same going forward."

Not sure I could forget this one as my socks are still wet: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/worthington_cup/1066099.stm

Most of the comments on here are nothing to do with the question. The empty seats for the United match this week were all to do with both clubs listening to the police and cutting away allocations and perhaps down to United overestimating their fans’ stomach for an inevitable defeat by City. Many of the empty seats were those that would have gone to City had normal cup allocations applied.

The so called ‘empty seats’ at City League matches are down to no shows by season ticket holders who have already paid for their seats. Nothing to do with prices. If anything they tell us that season tickets are underpriced as people buy them and fail to show up regularly or to sell them on. Improvements the Ticket Exchange might do something about that.

Any empty seats at European matches may be traced to pricing structure. As for League Cup and Cup matches, there were few of any unsold seats anyway largely because the club got the pricing strategy right.

it’s alway the same when the ‘usual suspects’ think they have a chance to bang on about ticket prices.

Most of the comments on here are nothing to do with the question. The empty seats for the United match this week were all to do with both clubs listening to the police and cutting away allocations and perhaps down to United overestimating their fans’ stomach for an inevitable defeat by City. Many of the empty seats were those that would have gone to City had normal cup allocations applied.

The so called ‘empty seats’ at City League matches are down to no shows by season ticket holders who have already paid for their seats. Nothing to do with prices. If anything they tell us that season tickets are underpriced as people buy them and fail to show up regularly or to sell them on. Improvements the Ticket Exchange might do something about that.

Any empty seats at European matches may be traced to pricing structure. As for League Cup and Cup matches, there were few of any unsold seats anyway largely because the club got the pricing strategy right.

it’s alway the same when the ‘usual suspects’ think they have a chance to bang on about ticket prices.

I agree. I think a good segment of the season ticket holders are pretty selective in their attendance, which adds to the "empty seats" situation.

I have been watching City since my dad first took me in 1968 and most years since I have had a season Ticket. I used to go home and most away because it was affordable, I was single and working. Now I still have a season Ticket but don’t do away games. I have to pick and choose my cup games purely because of finances, and took the decision some time ago to ditch Champions League games. The home games are getting less and less enjoyable with tourists (including away fans) sat next to me, VAR and ridiculous KO times. I used to love going, but for the first time in 52 years, I am seriously considering not renewing next year.

I think you will find a good number of supporters like yourself will do exactly the same.

Not the full picture. Old Trafford Derby prices were no more expensive than normal for them, so the fact that 5,000 of them didn't show is down to disillusionment with what is going on at their club. It's got nothing to do with Utd fans being priced out although no doubt that has happened.

City attendances are on the up.

CL group games averaged 50k. FA Cup v Port Vale was 52k. All our league games are sell outs.

Yeah, have to agree with this. There’s a general issue around ticket prices at football matches but I’m pretty sure my ticket at Old Trafford the other night was cheaper than what I paid for the League Cup semi there 10 years ago. Tickets were priced at £28, £29, and £35 for City fans and I got a £29 one. I think they were nearer £40 in 2010 for both the home and away legs.

Yeah, have to agree with this. There’s a general issue around ticket prices at football matches but I’m pretty sure my ticket at Old Trafford the other night was cheaper than what I paid for the League Cup semi there 10 years ago. Tickets were priced at £28, £29, and £35 for City fans and I got a £29 one. I think they were nearer £40 in 2010 for both the home and away legs.

I think those ticket prices had to do with the extra 4500 tickets United (and City) had to shift. If both clubs had taken their full away allocation ticket prices would have been higher, and United would have sold out. City will still sell out due to the 3-1 lead. The clubs took the cash hit to stop any possible trouble.

When it comes to the crunch, I’m not sure I’ll be able to stop going, but the fact that I’m seriously thinking about it, would never enter my head a few years ago. I was at the Leicester game a couple of games ago and the two seats either side of had been bought by an Israeli family. All game I was being asked who our number 26 or number 17 was. One also had an iPad and was invading my space waving it around taking photos. Did my friggin head in. He even asked me to move out of my own seat so all his family could sit together ffs.

Hope you found out were he lived and smashed his windows..

Why does anyone give a fuck?

the only people who whinge about empty seats are plastics who went once but can’t get a ticket these days (bollocks). I know the rags have a song but fans in the stadium will jump on anything to wind people up. You have a chat with a match going rag and they will agree that it’s expensive and their ground is only filled because of the vast amount of tourists.

the bigger problem for me is people who leave early and people who don’t get behind the team.

Cue excuses I don’t care about
Why does anyone give a fuck?

It happens everywhere.
I have more of a beef about fans leaving ridiculously early, I understand a bit for week games but weekend games its baffling that people leave 10 minutes before the end.
Would you leave the cinema or theatre before the conclusion?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.