Var debate 2019/20

Mate i wouldn't be surprised and until such a time all communication between the ref and VAR is broadcast those doubts and accusations will persist.

What have they got to hide?
The need for secrecy is in its culture. Until everything open and shown to be correct the findings will continue to be queried whatever the subject.

Well done. Out of interest. Out of the 7 they had last season - were they penaltys that should have been ? And same for the 4 this season ? From a unbiased point of view.

Noble penalty other day, he went down very easy but a player did clip/go into the back of him. I don’t think it was a clear dive but without VAR the ref would have gave it anyway.

also what’s with the ‘footballing white knight’ that I insist it’s going to be’ ? Only have to go back last few pages where I would be happy to see it scraped if that’s what fans demand, I say it could take years to get right and I agree with loads of the negatives with VAR mostly the spontaneous celebrations cut short... but I do see it’s plus points mainly ensuring players ‘clearly’ offside never score again, and players ‘clearly’ diving for pens are massively reduced and other incidences the ref would otherwise miss now are getting noticed, a player should be punished for head butting/punching another opponent during a match - but if the officials don’t see then nothing gets done till after the game. Which is too late. There are many plus points to VAR.
VAR has seen an increase in diving and exaggeration

Cant really see why WHU goal was ruled out going by the excuses I have heard this season. Rice didnt move his hand/arm towards the ball, plus it was headed onto his arm from about a foot away so didnt have time to move. This season is so corrupt it should be made null and void lol...

Cant really see why WHU goal was ruled out going by the excuses I have heard this season. Rice didnt move his hand/arm towards the ball, plus it was headed onto his arm from about a foot away so didnt have time to move. This season is so corrupt it should be made null and void lol...

I agree. Liverpool’s title will forever have an asterisk next to it...

You are forgetting that Sheff, U have had a number of very poor/dubious decisions given against them this season so Oliver thought it only fair to let them win.

Something to do with the current laws of the game, but that doesn't matter to many.
Accidental handball by an attacking player can be considered an offence if it leads to a goal. Accidental handball by a defender is not necessarily an offence.
The law is fucking stupid, but VAR got it right last night.

Something to do with the current laws of the game, but that doesn't matter to many.
Accidental handball by an attacking player can be considered an offence if it leads to a goal. Accidental handball by a defender is not necessarily an offence.
The law is fucking stupid, but VAR got it right last night.

So if a defender handles in his penalty area than his team go up and score ....ops sorry we been there lol

So if a defender handles in his penalty area than his team go up and score ....ops sorry we been there lol
I think the reason given was that a City player, Walker, played the ball in between the Arnold hand ball and the goal. It is argue that the problem is with the laws and not the hand ball law. Arguably VAR is also a fault because it can find any excuse to award or disallow a goal at its whim.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.