Rank Manchester City biggest games

ok a bit of fun here

rank the biggest wins in the clubs modern day history of the past 20 years from 1 to 5

1, play off final 1999 vs gillingham
2, FA cup semi final vs united 2011
3, FA cup final 2011 vs stoke
4, united vs city 1.6 derby 2011
5, city vs QPR 2012 premier league winners
I don't regard the QPR game as a big game. It was just game that should have been straight forward but nearly fcked it up. If it wasn't for the dramatic ending it would be long forgotten. The game against West Ham to win the title in 2014 was exactly the same. We needed to win a straight forward game and we did with no bother. But no one ever mentions that match

Disagreements about what is the “bigger” game is like disagreeing about who is a “bigger” club or who is “world class”.

Unless you give your definition of “big game” it is a meaningless and pointless conversation. Personally I’d define the size of a game as the historical implications and significance of its result. So in my lifetime I’d offer:

1) Gillingham playoff
2) 96 Liverpool relegation game
3) stoke relegation game

1. FA cup final win Stoke - Tore down the banner

2. QPR - not only did we win it for the first time in donkeys years, we stopped them winning it in the last seconds of the game. I will have the memory of Phil Jones and Pisscans faces etched into my memory until the day I die!

3. Leicester - after 12 wins in the bounce they came to stop us. The Scousers were sitting pretty with one home game to go against a nothing to play for Wolves. Cometh the hour, cometh the Captain. Instead of the dippers now looking at back to back titles, it was us who secured it and completed the domestic treble whilst doing it! I don’t think that will be done again in the next 20 years.

4. United Semi final - this game showed the players that they were as good as them and could beat them. The catalyst for the success to follow.

5. Liverpool last season. 10 points behind with a game in hand. Had to beat the dippers who were unbeaten all season. A tense but magnificent effort and the catalyst for the run to follow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.