Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen, I'm sorry I'm the best poster on this forum. In time maybe one you guys who will have the knowledge and depth to catch up. Keep practicing, guys. And never give up on your dreams.

How'd you know. I mean yea I think that was a pretty profound comment by Jadon. Spent a couple hours dissecting it.
Actually I was in the dentists awhile back and they had a railway modellers magazine in (what is it with dentist & doctors waiting room mags?) and they had a piece on Rod Stewarts home made model railway and it was pretty bloody awesome.

I don't understand people begrudging sane's injury as a loss of potential transfer value. The loss is, not having him available for us for such a long stretch, that's the real downer of his injury.

In no way whatsoever was it clear to anyone 'he was on his way out' he hadn't said he wanted to leave, and bayern showed no indication of wanting to make an even remotely appropriate offer. The rest was nothing but media speculation, stirred by Bayern's classless running commentary.

He was (and is) our player, the game was a chance for him to work his way into a regular spot in the team. I have no issue with pep having played him, mahrez or not, 137m or not. If an offer had come in, maybe i'd see sense in 'not risking him'. otherwise, we had a season to commence, and a trophy to win.

I'm also not in the slightest worried about his value, or the club not cashing in on him. In the summer, even with his injury, the club club could easily ask for no less 70/80m. And he might make a differnce to our season yet in the meantime. And even if they don't, and he goes for free the following year, at the wages he is on, and for the 37m we signed him for, that is still fantastic value for money having a player of his ability for another year. During which, literally anything can happen. Including him signing a new contract, or having a choice of clubs which bayern would be mugs to risk over guaranteeing the player for City's asking price.

So let's not turn on the guy who hasn't kicked the ball all season, has said nothing negative nor indicative of wanting to leave, let's welcome him back when fit, see what he contributes, and take it from there.

Player like him going for free is disaster. the club is a business at the end of the day. There is no way in hell the club want him to go for free. He is gone in the summer latest. Soriano and co won't think "well not bad I guess overall" if Leroy goes for free.

That above is very naive and head in the sand text. Players agents do exactly what the player tells them to do, his agents talking to Bayern says everything. They don't do that just for fun.

They havent made offer cos Leroy hasn't asked to leave for some reason.

I have said it many times and I will say it again, Leroy is our best winger.

When he was playing regularly two seasons ago, he matched Raheem numbers

Last season when he was not playing a lot, he saved the team a lot, scored important goals against Liverpool , United & Schalke when City were playing with 10 players.

He is a guy who stepped in big occasions against difficult opponents and doesn't collapse under pressure.

Keeping him will be easy imo, if we really want to :

1- offer him whatever the club is paying Sterling
2- Give him his position back LW, with half of margin of error tolerance that Pep is giving Sterling.

Last edited:
I have said it many times and I will say it again, Leroy is our best winger.

When he was playing regularly two seasons ago, he match Raheem numbers

Last season when he was not playing a lot, he saved the team a lot, scored important goals against Liverpool , United & Schalke when City were playing with 10 players.

He is a guy who stepped in big occasions against difficult opponents and doesn't collapse under pressure.

Keeping him will be easy imo, if we really want to :

1- offer him whatever the club is paying Sterling
2- Give him his position back LW, with half of margin of error tolerance that Pep is giving Sterling.

I like your post and agree with much of it. The main problem is that Bayern is a huge draw to German players that we can’t match. It’s like South American players dream of playing for Real and Barca. If Leroy does get sold then he’s been a great player for us and we will get more than our money back. In an ideal world he would sign a new contract with us and regain full fitness and form.

Why is no one in for Adama Traore? Salah and Mane are the best wide forwards in Europe but after them I'd go for Traore. Why are none of Europe's top clubs linked with him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.