The state of the gardens - another police incident

The latest figures are on the ONS. According to it, London has a higher rate than GM but I'm not sure what the rate is in Manchester:

Higher rates of knife crime seen in urban areas
Knife or sharp instrument offences tend to be concentrated in metropolitan areas. In the year ending June 2019, 32% of all offences recorded by the police (including Greater Manchester) involving a knife or sharp instrument happened in London (169 offences per 100,000 population). The highest rates after London were seen in the urban areas of Greater Manchester, the West Midlands and West Yorkshire (122,122 and 113 offences per 100,000 population, respectively). These areas saw higher rates than the England and Wales average of 80 offences per 100,000 population (Figure 9).

I suppose it doesn't really matter which is worse because the country as a whole is getting worse in terms of knife crime with the latest figures showing the problem to be the worst on record. There's a definite social problem that needs to be addressed.

Last edited:
003be742.jpg

image.jpg

Used to be beautiful
i remember that version of the gardens and it aint ever coming back unfortunately

Harsher policing is what is needed.

Removing people sleeping in doorways. Zero tolerance.
Problem is that most people believe all the people sleeping in doorways are homeless. They’re not.

What are the people who sleep in doorways then?

It isn't much worse you're not reading the articles I have posted, I'm not interesting in arguing bud but ALL the news outlets put London as a shithole gang wise.

You’ve totally missed the point he’s making. It’s almost like you don’t want to hear the facts.

See above mate. Not just one post in isolation. Not all is as it seems...

Read the majority of the posts but maybe I’ve missed something as they only suggestion is of professional beggars but professional beggars won’t sleep in a doorway overnight?

You’ve totally missed the point he’s making. It’s almost like you don’t want to hear the facts.

No I haven't but thank you very much for pointing out a falsehood, I posted links to facts that you didn't read either.

The stabbings are terrible but if it’s gang on gang it’s a lot less bad than if it’s an innocent member of the public.

The police’s presence is fucking pathetic these days, they react to a crime rather than patrolling to prevent them but the fundamental issue is culture. The American gang culture of LA and New York, that has convinced kids, mostly black but also white kids too, that it’s somehow cool to be a criminal and join a gang, has totally ruined lives. These kids are now listening to rap/drill music and are taking inspiration from people who brag about murdering other humans.

There has always been gangs and always will be but never before have they influenced culture so much and never before has crime been so high because of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.