Seasoncard renewal packs

C
I like the little bits we get in the renewal tin. Including the tin. If I don't want the bits I give them to my kids / family.
Anybody asking for no gifts and instead having a discount on season cards is living in a dream world.
The gifts we get included probably cost he club literally a few pence per season ticket holder.

Whether the club should freeze prices or reduce tickets prices is another debate, both of which we all agree with.
But lets not kid ourselves that having no little gifts will knock £££s off season card prices.
Correct getting the packs and the price paid for tickets have no real link. The most would be a couple of ponds off the price.

The club can't have a zero plastic club policy while sending out metal cases, rubber wrist bands, plastic pens, and other pieces of harmful to the environment tat.
Metal and rubbber have always been recycled. Last years tin when thrown away might be part of your next new car, and rubber can be regenerated.

Metal and rubbber have always been recycled. Last years tin when thrown away might be part of your next new car, and rubber can be regenerated.

Funny you should say that.

Went to the MCC Mount Road Recycling Centre the other day.

The Monthly recycled rate that was on the board as you drove out was (only) '43.5%'.

That aside, as others have pointed out, do we need another scarf, another tin, another badge, another pack of stickers, another laptop case, anoter plastic pen, etc. We 've already got all of those things and more.

It would be so much better if the club calculated the cost of each pack and sent out a discount voucher for either food, drink or merchandise instead, along with the season ticket. And if they wanted to do something that would get the fans excited, send out 10, 50, 100....? golden vouchers that would refund the cost of a season ticket. That opportunity to win back my season ticket cost, and winning it, would be much more exciting. Other ideas could be additional discount vouchers for the souvenir shop, for the stadium tour, for food and drink if you get to the stadium earlier, etc.

I appreciate fans do look forward to the gifts, but they have been done to death now. It's almost the same gifts every season, but rotated. And I would guess the vast majority of tins and gifts are put in a 'drawer' and left there.

Last edited:
One thing the tins are good for is to stick your car keys in so they can't be read by the thieving bastards using scanners!

But then you only need one tin for that and I already have 4. No need for any more!

I think they should give us a book with printed tickets inside, say about 18 or 20 separate numbered ones then stick boards above turnstiles with the corresponding number to a ticket within said book to gain entry. Can I have a badge too?

Last edited:
No tat , just a season ticket, but then again if there is another needless price increase I won’t be renewing

@Prestwich_Blue Has feedback such as this be passed to the club? I'm seeing a lot of this. A lot more than previous seasons. If it's not VAR it's pricing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.