Real Madrid - CL R16 - 2nd Leg (at the Etihad) - Price details

I reckon this will sell out / be full because thousands of tickets can be given to school kids if they are not selling. It would have been better for the ticket prices to be a bit lower and a sell out would have been virtually guaranteed.

Real Madrid are still a big draw for neutrals (a bit less so without Ronaldo) and the 30k or so of regulars who go to every home game will be there.

When we get hounded in the press about slow ticket sales, most Blues manage to find the money to get to the game.
I don't think City will be giving away any tickets free to schools or hospitals for this grade A champions league game, in fact they may survey where we are fans wise in respect to increasing the North stand.

I don't think City will be giving away any tickets free to schools or hospitals for this grade A champions league game, in fact they may survey where we are fans wise in respect to increasing the North stand.

It depends how the first leg goes mate. I think the weekend FA Cup at the Etihad do more to show the demand for an expanded North Stand. Thousands of Blues / families come to the game who aren’t current season card holders.

It depends how the first leg goes mate. I think the weekend FA Cup at the Etihad do more to show the demand for an expanded North Stand. Thousands of Blues / families come to the game who aren’t current season card holders.
No they will do it for the champions league game mate, just because tickets for those who aren't on the cup scheme will be £50+, that's more of a barometer than Fulham at home which will be £10/15 for adults and a quid for kids.

No they will do it for the champions league game mate, just because tickets for those who aren't on the cup scheme will be £50+, that's more of a barometer than Fulham at home which will be £10/15 for adults and a quid for kids.

You might be right about the CL game selling out but I think we will need to agree to disagree about what evidence is significant about demand for an expanded North Stand. The Club can’t commit to expanding the ground to satisfy the demand from day trippers 2 or 3 times a season. The people coming to the FA game will be a mixture of people. Those who can afford the game and others who can’t get season cards sat together.

The Mrs and Daughter are going against Fulham. Even they can't resist watching City for a tenner.

Imagine, just imagine, if City sold PL tickets at those prices or double those prices, we'd easily fill a 75,000+ seater stadium. Not only would priced out City fans come back and buy tickets again, football fans from all over the World now living in Manchester would buy tickets. We could have a KOP styled NS stand holding 30,000 fans. I suppose I can dream.

I just don't understnd why there's no long-term vision or appetite for that at City. What a statement that would make to English and World Football. We would be praised globally.

Last edited:
The Mrs and Daughter are going against Fulham. Even they can't resist watching City for a tenner.

Imagine, just imagine, if City sold PL tickets at those prices or double those prices, we'd easily fill a 75,000+ seater stadium. Not only would priced out City fans come back and buy tickets again, football fans from all over the World now living in Manchester would buy tickets. We could have a KOP styled NS stand holding 30,000 fans. I suppose I can dream.

I just don't understnd why there's no long-term vision or appetite for that at City. What a statement that would make to English and World Football. We would be praised globally.
Great idea mate but we wouldn't cover the wage bill for a 19 home game league season..

Relax, mate. You’ll get a ticket easily. I think we have about 40k season ticket holders but they won’t all buy one. I guarantee you that there will be plenty for Cityzens and plenty on open sale too.
Thanks for your answer!
I'm a bit nervous because I already have booked flights and hotel for this game, so if you say there will be no problem for me to find a ticket then I can breath much better :D

i have a question related with this game:

how many Seasoncard Holders does ManCity have?

i ask this because as a Cityzens MatchDay member i'd like to know if you think there will be enought tickets left for us to purchase.

On June 16 at 10 am I will be in Man City's web begging for a ticket. It will be my first time as Cityzen MatchDay member and i don't know how does it work. Any advice or tip will be appreciated :)
Yes wont be a problem.Many season ticket holders wont bother. I think we will struggle to sell out so their wont be a problem getting one

Yes wont be a problem.Many season ticket holders wont bother. I think we will struggle to sell out so their wont be a problem getting one
We won't struggle to sell this out in March, we just need a positive result over there and it will be the hottest ticket in town.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.