TV Series

New series out called Deputy which stars Stephen Dorff ( Deacon Frost in Blade) looks very interesting

trailer for anyone interested

also bluff city law is a decent watch

Also just out
lincoln rhyme hunt for the bone collector

Main character was in Grimm

trailer

Watched the first series haven't a clue what it was about

Apologies to any fans of it but my conclusion is that its total bollocks.

I really liked it but I had some prior knowledge of it having played the games. Despite that it was still confusing at times as the timelines aren’t always clear. Heard others without such knowledge say it was too difficult to understand. If you’ve played the games or read the books I’d wager you’ll like it.
Cheers — I have played the games, but not read the books, and ended up watching it last night during one of my customary bouts of insomnia.

While I thought it had a few redeeming elements, and will probably watch the next series if it comes, I did think it was a bit disjointed (not even related to the different timelines; the threaded arches themselves just weren’t integrated very well) and some of the characters/relationships were really underdeveloped. Some of the fight choreography was very well done, though, and Henry Cavill really makes Geralt a living, breathing... err, mutant. I’ve read that he did all of the fights and stunts himself, which is impressive. Special mention to Anya Chalotra who also does a superb job bringing Yennefer to life — though, I think her agent should have probably negotiated her contract a bit better.

All of that said, it seemed more a prologue than a fully formed opening series, so perhaps the second will be more cohesive and impactful now that they’ve got all of the world building and basic character establishment done?

Finished the Witcher... underwhelmed, and I've read the books and played all three games plus the gwent standalone too. Not bad enogh to drop by any means, just not very exciting, and that mages defending the keep thing in the last episode was just pants.

Decided to watch BBC's Dracula next. One episode down, was enjoying it at first, slow but building suspense, then all of a sudden Dracula had turned into a Cockney cheeky chappie who likes to wisecrack and talks in puns. All he needs is his own drum set and cymbal. Turned from gotthic drama to stand up at the frog and bucket in seconds.

Ok. Fresh start, something new. Been meaning to watch the lost in space reboot on Netflix so hopefully that will be better.

Finished the Witcher... underwhelmed, and I've read the books and played all three games plus the gwent standalone too. Not bad enogh to drop by any means, just not very exciting, and that mages defending the keep thing in the last episode was just pants.

Decided to watch BBC's Dracula next. One episode down, was enjoying it at first, slow but building suspense, then all of a sudden Dracula had turned into a Cockney cheeky chappie who likes to wisecrack and talks in puns. All he needs is his own drum set and cymbal. Turned from gotthic drama to stand up at the frog and bucket in seconds.

Ok. Fresh start, something new. Been meaning to watch the lost in space reboot on Netflix so hopefully that will be better.
Have you tried Penny Dreadful ?

The first series of Lost in Space is decent. The missus and I just tried to watch the second (just released) and only made it through the 10th minute of the third episode before the cringe and predictability became too much and we just gave up. Viewer beware.

It's cringeworthy when you go to a friends house and they are watching stuff like love Island or I'm a celebrity and expect you to like it because "Everyone" does. And adverts, get rid of the adverts by cutting the cord.

One of my new favourite series Ancient Aliens, I watch it tongue in cheek and the mad scientist with the massive hair is a proper treat.

It's cringeworthy when you go to a friends house and they are watching stuff like love Island or I'm a celebrity and expect you to like it because "Everyone" does. And adverts, get rid of the adverts by cutting the cord.

One of my new favourite series Ancient Aliens, I watch it tongue in cheek and the mad scientist with the massive hair is a proper treat.

7MZYBRWHFFBVPF2UFOLIJUPQN4.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.