Why has Bluuemoon off-topic become so sterile?

I think a lot of folk just struggle to adapt to an increasingly pc world. In the wild west of the Internet and social media the causing/taking of offence has become the new sherif. All you have to do now to shut down an argument you are otherwise losing is to feign outrage and accuse someone of racism, sexism, or any other 'ism' you can think of. I quite often do this - as soon as someone hangs an argument on any aspect of colour, gender or God forbid utters the word immigrant I just take the moral high ground and accuse them of bigotry while willfully misinterpreting what they have said. It's the Internet equivalent of playing a joker or rolling a six.
At least you're honest about being a troll/wum I guess

Hopefully it will bounce back to it's best now that the resident energy vampire has been fucked off.
No chance. It's a case of adapting your mindset. Where you used to abuse someone or take the piss or argue, just accuse them of something and pretend to be outraged instead. Politics works like this now, pretty much all political leaders get accused of an 'ism' or being a 'ist' at the drop of a hat and it's all over social media.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.