Real Madrid - CL R16 - 2nd Leg (at the Etihad) - Price details

At £50 plus we will struggle to sell .hopefully if we do well.over there it will be a full house but will be touch and go

Not on cup schemes due to work commitments and health issue (ok now).
SSL3 SC £34.50/ PL game
CL R16 £40.00 (35 for cup schemers).
I go to watch City, It doesn’t make it more or less important who we play in a 1st team game. I’d pay £34.50 for Port Vale in the cup the same as I would for the rags in the league or financial cheats Madrid in the CL.

I know it’s not the same for everyone and we need to lower prices to get discounts for the next generation for ‘unpopular’ games, but, it pisses me off when I’m paying £5.50 or 15% more than my SC pro rata price.

When I couldn’t go I let someone use my SC (for free), but on one occasion the mate had an emergency and couldn’t pass it on to one of the others in time. I was laid up at home on opiates recovering from major surgery and I got an email from the club- ‘where were you, if this happens 9 more times we’ll threaten to to not let you renew’? (Yes I know the new rules).

Feck off City, I’m privileged enough to have been taken to or able to afford to watch my beloved team since the late 60’s through thick, thin, thinner and the beautiful game we are playing in current times. I stood by you in darker days and you once nearly lost me under Pearce. Don’t piss me off as I have to live and stand by you forever as there’s no divorce in this love affair.

Rant over!

At £50 plus we will struggle to sell .hopefully if we do well.over there it will be a full house but will be touch and go
Trust me mate, if City fans don't buy the tickets, City fans from other countries and regions will buy the tickets and it will sell out. Against Monaco in the 5-3 game I was sat next to Spaniards n Greek City fans, already a Barcelona fan on here is asking for a ticket.

Trust me mate, if City fans don't buy the tickets, City fans from other countries and regions will buy the tickets and it will sell out. Against Monaco in the 5-3 game I was sat next to Spaniards n Greek City fans, already a Barcelona fan on here is asking for a ticket.

which is exactly the type of fan the club wants for these games.

You can see why to some degree when you see our match day income compared to our competitors.
There's specific reasons for that.

One is that we have cheaper season tickets than all other top clubs, who don't have £325 full-priced tickets.
Second is that we have very variable matchday pricing whereas the other top clubs have either a category system or just charge a single price for any game regardless of the opponent.
Third, if you compare us to Liverpool (who are probably the best comparison) we have far more seasoncard holders than they do (40k v 26k) meaning they make more on matchday for a similar crowd. Finally, I don't think we make as much on hospitality as our rivals as I suspect we have to give away margin to sell it fully a lot of the time.

You can see why to some degree when you see our match day income compared to our competitors.

i can see why they do it. I don’t always agree with some of the decisions but it’s the price we pay I suppose.

The problem with our competitors are that two had a 40 year head start with picking up glory hunters and the rest are London based so the prices they charge don’t actually seem out of the ordinary to people who generally earn more. However If I was going to Barcelona for a Weekend for example 15 years ago when we were shite, I would have paid £60 plus for a ticket and bought a few bits and bobs so that’s the logic. Whether Manchester has the same appeal as Barcelona, I’m not sure.

I think for us, it’s a fine balance and a lot of the time we get it right pricing wise. Sometimes we don’t.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.