Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alot of toxicity from our supporters against one of our players. I suppose they know better than Pep though, maybe they should send him an e-mail.

I missed the first 20 minutes of the game. I'm assuming all these misplaced passes occurred then because what I saw he was tidy.
3 happened early, and one led to a risky chance for them. The moment that happened (plus the historical impression fans have of him being a poor passer) you knew the end narrative will be that he was poor.

In fairness, United also believed he was the weak link passing. As James charged at him almost every time he got the ball in the first half. No other player on our team got that special treatment. They genuinely believed they could disposses him of the ball.

So in light of the special attention he got, I think he came out okay overall

3 happened early, and one led to a risky chance for them. The moment that happened (plus the historical impression fans have of him being a poor passer) you knew the end narrative will be that he was poor.

In fairness, United also believed he was the weak link passing. As James charged at him almost every time he got the ball in the first half. No other player on our team got that special treatment. They genuinely believed they could disposses him of the ball.

So in light of the special attention he got, I think he came out okay overall

Yep, I noticed they were targetting him, nothing new there really though, our left backs are always targeted.

James cut a frustrated figure when he left the pitch.

Yep, I noticed they were targetting him, nothing new there really though, our left backs are always targeted.

James cut a frustrated figure when he left the pitch.

Well he is one dimensional , and as per usual over fucking hyped .

Always felt for Mendy, there’s a player in there but he’s been extremely unlucky with injuries. With a run of games and a full pre season behind him let’s judge him then.

I still remember some City fans hated Goater when he first arrived.

He is finding his feet again after so long out. I can't believe the total criticism of his passing...yes he makes some very poor ones but his passing is generally very good. He often goes for some difficult passes inside to Sterling or KDB...not the simple 5 yards down the wing prod and the quality is excellent. What's this crap about Dan James causing havoc on Mendy's side...I barely noticed that guy was playing. Mendy has a lot of quality and will get better with more games. It seems like some City fans can't wait for him to make a bad pass so they can pounce on him...we have some really strange fans. Try giving him your support for a change and he will be a great asset to the team.

Another good run out today, admittedly in a ridiculously easy win, but he still looks a fair bit off match fitness. Even when we get the ball to him early out wide, I've little confidence that he's going to produce anything attack wise. When he first arrived, every time he got the ball, you felt he was about to create a chance, but I just don't have that same feeling, yet. Maybe he's under orders to play within himself and not overlap as much.

Watching Real Madrid game right now..

I think we payed for the wrong guy :D

Watching Real Madrid game right now..

I think we payed for the wrong guy :D
The mendy we bought is better than the real madrid mendy but injuries have ruined him he should be one the best fullbacks on the planet but thanks to injuries hes stalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.