Why has Bluuemoon off-topic become so sterile?

helloooooo there, have you been away ? should you be included in this thread (the serious bit not mozeroolahs swizz chizis moan)

Several reasons why I took a break from posting here and elsewhere. Some personal, some based on the way the forum was moving. But I will agree that off topic certainly isn't what it was, the intelligent debate, the humour and the banter has died. But, it's always easy to say that the forum isn't what it was. When I first started posting I didnt feel that I was clever or funny enough to post but as time wore on I became more confident, or the forum dumbed down... I do feel for Ric, I don't suppose that he ever foresaw what the forum would become and I wouldn't wish modship on my worst enemy. Maybe the answer is that off topic is only visible to logged in members, much as the politics forum is. It's always up to the individual which threads you read which you avoid. It's a forum for adults and if you are easily offended, maybe the gratuitous lads thread isn't for you ;-)

Several reasons why I took a break from posting here and elsewhere. Some personal, some based on the way the forum was moving. But I will agree that off topic certainly isn't what it was, the intelligent debate, the humour and the banter has died. But, it's always easy to say that the forum isn't what it was. When I first started posting I didnt feel that I was clever or funny enough to post but as time wore on I became more confident, or the forum dumbed down... I do feel for Ric, I don't suppose that he ever foresaw what the forum would become and I wouldn't wish modship on my worst enemy. Maybe the answer is that off topic is only visible to logged in members, much as the politics forum is. It's always up to the individual which threads you read which you avoid. It's a forum for adults and if you are easily offended, maybe the gratuitous lads thread isn't for you ;-)
Welcome back BG, good to see you posting again.

Were you getting married again?x

Hell I didn't expect War and Peace :-) (Ric says I have to put one of them if I want to keep posting)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.