What's your fave radio station?

Music wise BBC R6, radio 5’s cull of decent sports presenters is going to ruin the station, now Brazil has finally realised the Rags are shit he’s become a little more bearable but in reality you can listen to one one hour as the rest is just repeat. Audiobooks are the way in the car for me nowadays.

Agreed, on talk sport, and especially on 5 live - totally retrograde step axing Pougatch. If they get rid of Chapman, I’m gone completely.

Talking of great radio - admittedly of yesteryear, I cannae resist a mention of Nocturnal Emissions and the legendary broadcaster that was James H.

I used to do that with a one ear earpiece back in the day to listen to TMS cricket from Australia through the night. Drifted in and out of consciousness picking up the comms, and dreaming about a hot sunny place on the other side of the world.

Don’t know how you cope with only 5 hours kip a night on a regular basis though!
I get up at 8 ish so whats that....10 hrs in bed. Probably sleep for 6 or 7 hours. I can cope with that... done it for years now and i would have trouble sleeping without the radio being on.

I like LBC as it gives you the full spread from the loony right to the loony left and everything in the middle.. Nick Ferrari at breakfast is right up there with the best in terms of interviewing politicians and putting them on the spot, even though he's a bit right wing. You then get a healthy dose of the left (or liberal through the day until Edie Mair at drive time and then it's farage o'clock. Iain Dale in the evening is also very good at getting under the guard of politicians and very likeable for a tory. Majid Nawaz is also a very intelligent analyst of world affairs. The adverts can fuck off though. I wish the beeb could acheive a similar spread of views on R4 so I could do without commercial radio.
Don't bother with music radio since streaming/spotify started.

BBC Radio 6 Music (especially Lauren Laverne, Marc Riley and Gilles Peterson)

BBC Radio 3 (especially on a Saturday evening for the J to Z jazz show)

BBC Radio 5 Live (especially for political debates and news)

The Cull as it it stands is

Richardson
Pougatch
Overend
Lysaght

All of them top broadcasters.

Yes, the latter two hold less appeal for me if I’m honest, but Sportsweek really was a flagship show, with a high calibre of guests. It’s not even as if they have replaced it with a similar show with a different presenter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.