New/Used Car Financial Dilemma

ponyntrap

OK blues,

I'm currently in the market for a car and looking to upgrade my current vehicle.

I'm not a flashy man (currently drive a Skoda Fabia), but certainly feel it's time to take a step up on the automobile ladder.

Problem is, I'm incredibly frugal with my money. I've been looking for about two weeks and have already been through the ringer with two car salesmen. Both of which, may I add, had horrendous halitosis (admittedly, this isn't essential to the reading).

Anyway, my ideal monthly budget would be £180 - £230. Probably got a £1000 deposit and about £200-300 part ex in the current car (Bag O' sh*te). Ideally, I want a nice looking motor, with a hint of grunt, and enough space to accommodate the mini blue in the back.

I've test driven a 66 plate 1 series and I've had a look at a Seat Leon.

Honestly, I'm finding the whole process incredibly tedious, with the market seemingly over saturated with finance options and car variations (how many types of Ford Focus can there possibly be?)

Have we got any reputable car salesmen on here that just want to save a blue from his current anguish?

If not, then please feel free to reply with any tales of car woe, pearls of automotive wisdom, or dogging locations in and around Manchester.

Answers on a postcard...

Have had a Seat Leon for 5 years and can recommend their quality,made by VW and much cheaper than Audi equivalent with same/similar build processes.

OK blues,

I'm currently in the market for a car and looking to upgrade my current vehicle.

I'm not a flashy man (currently drive a Skoda Fabia), but certainly feel it's time to take a step up on the automobile ladder.

Problem is, I'm incredibly frugal with my money. I've been looking for about two weeks and have already been through the ringer with two car salesmen. Both of which, may I add, had horrendous halitosis (admittedly, this isn't essential to the reading).

Anyway, my ideal monthly budget would be £180 - £230. Probably got a £1000 deposit and about £200-300 part ex in the current car (Bag O' sh*te). Ideally, I want a nice looking motor, with a hint of grunt, and enough space to accommodate the mini blue in the back.

Honestly, I'm finding the whole process incredibly tedious, with the market seemingly over saturated with finance options and car variations (how many types of Ford Focus can there possibly be?)

Have we got any reputable car salesmen on here that just want to save a blue from his current anguish?

If not, then please feel free to reply with any tales of car woe, pearls of automotive wisdom, or dogging locations in and around Manchester.

Answers on a postcard...

That budget will see you in a nice brand new PCP Focus mate for 4 years and option to either pay off the balloon at the end, trade in go again for another deal or simply hand back with no motoring worries. Just a piece of tin to get you A to B in a modicum of comfort and all you have to do is service once a year and pop some fuel in. Happy days.

That budget will see you in a nice brand new PCP Focus mate for 4 years and option to either pay off the balloon at the end, trade in go again for another deal or simply hand back with no motoring worries. Just a piece of tin to get you A to B in a modicum of comfort and all you have to do is service once a year and pop some fuel in. Happy days.
I have a focus on Pcp - I wouldn't have thought he would get one for that budget. I pay more and I had a slightly bigger deposit and it's on 0% interest.

Anyway, whatever you do, avoid stoneacre like the plague.

I just used a car broker for the first time.
Free service and saved $4000 off the dealers best price.
I'm sure you have them in the UK.
You have to tell them exactly what car you want.

OK blues,

Answers on a postcard...
Car ownership is essentially like digging a hole in your garden, filling it with money and setting fire too it every month from a financial point of view. It's a pain in the arse, and you can choose to either line the pockets of a dealer with a new car, or line the pockets of your local garage with repairs to an older one. The only better financial option is to walk.

Doesn’t work for everyone but I started leasing my cars 4 years ago each on 2 year contracts and wouldn’t do anything else now.

It does depend on getting a good deal at the time, but it can be well worth it if you shop around. I like it because I get a brand new car every 2 years and know I won’t have any issues to pay out for.

My first one was a top of the range brand new Astra, leather seats and all the stuff, and I paid £160 a month and about £800 upfront. Then I now have a Focus for £170 and same upfront payment but took the maintenance package out on it, so all servicing and tyres etc are included in the price.

Looking for my next one now in the next two months, but just waiting on a decent deal for something

Like I said, some people don’t leasing, some do. I like it and wouldn’t get a car any other way now. With your budget it could be something you could look into anyway

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.