Aston Villa (A) Post-Match Thread

Fair play to the Villa fans who stayed till the end.

To the rest of the early leavers present today -

"Where were you, where were you, where were you when it was 6, where were you when it was six"! ???

In 2003, our final season at Maine road, we were spanked 5-1 at home to Arsenal. We were in awe of them and the magnificent football they played, and many blues stayed till the end to applaud Arsenal off the pitch!

Villa are back in the Premier League after a 3 season absence and after 30 minutes they couldn't wait to fuck off off en masse. Fickle ****s don't deserve PL football!

It ain't all about winning, and we know better than most. And opposing fans in the know know exactly WWTWWWS!!!
We also did that in 2001 when we lost 4-0 at Maine Road just after we got promoted under Royle, they brought on Henry and Vieira at 4-0 up, and we sang "who the fucking hell are you" at both of them, it was a night game in April, they were fantastic that night, I think they were 4-0 up after about 30 minutes ?

Birmingham C, Bradford C, Charlton, Coventry C, Derby C, Ipswich T, and Leeds U were all PL then, we lost 4-1 to Charlton, and 4-0 to Leeds at home that year as well.

Agree wholeheartedly.
We are starting to peak at a critical time for the cup competitions. The return of Laporte and Sane in the coming weeks will make us even stronger. It’s just a pity the victims have got such a big lead....and VAR!
Love Sane, but he'll be the challenger for Mahrez's place (not the automatic returner to the team), whereas it was the other way round previously. Competition's a good thing !!

Last edited:
Have to agree, never a pen, also noticed that the ref decided to feel pity for poor Villa and only add 1 min at the end of the second half, considering there were 6 subs and 2 goals, should have been at least 4 min, when were ref's told to reduce added time when a teams getting stuffed?

btw, Grealish is a bigger tosser than original thought!
Setting aside his argument with Sergio, Grealish is far too good for Villa, but not good enough for us. But then again Pep would massively improve him - like he's done for countless players during his career.

Setting aside his argument with Sergio, Grealish is far too good for Villa, but not good enough for us. But then again Pep would massively improve him - like he's done for countless players during his career.
He’s got spurs written all over him. Not quite there I don’t think but a top player

We also did that in 2001 when we lost 4-0 at Maine Road just after we got promoted under Royle, they brought on Henry and Vieira at 4-0 up, and we sang "who the fucking hell are you" at both of them, it was a night game in April, they were fantastic that night, I think they were 4-0 up after about 30 minutes
We got beat a lot back in the day pal. And I vaguely remember the 0-4 game, although copious matchday alcohol and degenerative grey matter have both played a part in my memory of the bad times I(we) endured in watching us get dicked regularly; )

“He had Messi”.

He was the one who got rid of the prima-donnas and built the side around Messi, whilst coaching the rest of the team to play the best football ever.
He dropped Messi - Messi didn't let his standards drop as a result of that shock.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.