#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on Whoscored, Kev is creating a goal (scoring or assisting) every 81 minutes he plays, so better than a goal a game. He’s on track to smash the single season league assists record (based on current pace he’ll finish with around 24).

He’s also hovering around an average Whoscored rating of 8/10.

He currently (for this season) is ranked as the 5th best rated player in the world, and he’s not that far off those above him.

1. Messi - 8.58
2. Neymar - 8.54
3. Lewandowski - 8.06
4. Mbappe - 7.99
5. De Bruyne - 7.95
Mbappe and Neymar are in a farmers league. So only Messi and Lewandowski are performing better imo.

Mbappe and Neymar are in a farmers league. So only Messi and Lewandowski are performing better imo.
There’s certainly an argument for Bundesliga not being as competitive as the Premier League, as well. But I do think Lewandowski is up there with some of the best out-and-out strikers in football history (his consistency, like Sergio’s, is impressive in of itself, not even factoring in some of the goals he’s scored), so I would include him in the top three.

If you put a gun to my head — and I currently live in the US, so that could happen really at any time — I would probably rank the five, on current form:

1. Messi
2. De Bruyne
3. Lewandowski
4. Mbappe
5. Neymar

There’s certainly an argument for Bundesliga not being as competitive as the Premier League, as well. But I do think Lewandowski is up there with some of the best out-and-strikers in football history (his consistency, like Sergio’s, is impressive in of itself, not even factoring in some of the goals he’s scored), so I would include him in the top three.

If you put a gun to my head — and I currently live in the US, so that could happen really at any time — I would probably rank the five, on current form:

1. Messi
2. De Bruyne
3. Lewandowski
4. Mbappe
5. Neymar
I'd probably have Mbappe 3rd and probably have ranked Neymar out of the top 5

Tin hat on as, brilliant assist aside, I didn't think that was one of his best games.

He gave it away quite cheaply a few times and against a better side we may have been countered (see Carabao Cup game).

The bloke is a genius though.

Mbappe and Neymar are in a farmers league.

images

Nightmare getting away from the games

He’s a pretty handy right back. Looked comfortable when he filled in. All round game coming on quite well.

I think he's the best all round footballer in the world - he can do everything and has almost every attribute you need in decent amount.

Add to that he's quiet, humble, and a good leader. Once he's done he'll be debated as one of if not the best footballer in PL history.

His assist for Jesus goal is out if this world ! His style of play is very reminiscent of that of classical midfielders back in the day. Add to this his incredible work rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.