John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a good game today but these are usually the games he does well in. I want to see him excel and be able to take charge when laporte isnt next to him and were under pressure.

Not every CB is the leader who takes charge of the game. Sometimes they need their defensive partner next to them to get the best out of them. Lescott had Vinny, Cahill had Terry, Ferdinand had Vidic, Pique had Puyol etc. etc. And we saw that with Laporte next to him Stones played the best he has for us. I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing. It only went tits up when Pep decided to rotate the CB's for no reason at all.

Not every CB is the leader who takes charge of the game. Sometimes they need their defensive partner next to them to get the best out of them. Lescott had Vinny, Cahill had Terry, Ferdinand had Vidic, Pique had Puyol etc. etc. And we saw that with Laporte next to him Stones played the best he has for us. I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing. It only went tits up when Pep decided to rotate the CB's for no reason at all.
pique and ferdinand not leaders? I admit both vidic and puyol are the more commanding but to say that neither of those two took charge like stones just isnt true.

The Silk and the Steel , Pretty sure Pep`s ideal scenario

All the good centrebacks are.

If you need a world class CB next to you telling you what to do, you're not a good CB in your own right.
What @RandomJ was describing wasn’t necessarily telling the other what to do, it was taking overall responsibility. Some people need that to thrive themselves and there is nothing wrong with that.

And I would hate to get to a point that any person that is not a natural leader is immediately considered less than, because it would lead to the devaluation of most of the inhabitants of the world and the obstruction of most of the progress that could potentially happen, as well.

It’s important to remember that leaders are nothing without talented, dedicated people to lead and most endeavours comprised almost entirely of “leaders” have failed miserably.

Just for the record, John Stones is a fucking natural leader. Has been since he was 20 at Everton.

Some of you are confusing being out of confidence with not being a leader.

Even as a 20 yearold, older teammates differed to him constantly. Including Cahill who was already in his 30s.

When he gets his confidence and game back, he'll be the leader of our defense and not Laporte. Laporte might be the best player on the Defense. But I'll bet anyone a thousand that Stones will be it's leader.

You can take that to the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.